Author Topic: A Possible Revision to the clan System  (Read 6684 times)

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
A Possible Revision to the clan System
« on: January 30, 2016, 11:30:20 pm »
In Guns of Icarus, being part of a good clan is awesome.  But, the community is really small, and as a result, it is very easy to make friends with almost an entire other clan.  This presents a problem.  Should I ditch my friends in my current clan and join my friends in the other clan, or should I stick with my current clan, and miss out on the other clan?  This isn't a pressing issue, but I feel as though it would be a nice addition to the community to create the ability to join multiple clans, up to 3.  This could be balanced by allowing clan leaders creating a rival clan list, therefore, you could join other clans as you wish, but not your rival clans.  With such a great in-game community, I would love this nice addition.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: A Possible Revision to the clan System
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 02:44:11 am »
Interesting Ideas :)

If you would like to share this idea with the developers, you can try emailing them at feedback@musegames.com. You may get a faster response by email rather than forums.  :D

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 04:47:42 am »
It'd be such a mess. The clan system as it is, is very standard. I can't think of another game where you can be in multiple clans. I'm friends with a lot of clans, but I'm also committed to mine. You just have to pick your commitments

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 07:46:35 am »
Elder Scrolls Online is the first game I have seen where you can be in multiple clans.

It works nicely.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 11:41:54 am »
Since when being a member of a clan prohibits you from flying with friends from the other clan? Unless something like that happened, I can't see the issue... And if they are "jealous", well, THEY have a problem, not you, so... And by 'they' I mean both your friends and your clan.

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 12:46:19 pm »
I completely understand that there isn't anything stopping me from playing with my friends, but there is a certain joy to being able to fly under the same banner as all of your friends.  A sort of esprit de corps if you understand what I mean.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 01:09:43 pm »
Totally.
But this is the decision you have to make. I always thought maturity or some other bullshit was about making choices in your life. ^^

I mean, if there's nothing to stop you from playing with friends, so what would stop you in opposite situation? You still may join them, and play with your previous clan if you fancy. ^___-

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 02:05:16 pm »
In Guns of Icarus, being part of a good clan is awesome.  But, the community is really small, and as a result, it is very easy to make friends with almost an entire other clan.  This presents a problem.  Should I ditch my friends in my current clan and join my friends in the other clan, or should I stick with my current clan, and miss out on the other clan?  This isn't a pressing issue, but I feel as though it would be a nice addition to the community to create the ability to join multiple clans, up to 3.  This could be balanced by allowing clan leaders creating a rival clan list, therefore, you could join other clans as you wish, but not your rival clans.  With such a great in-game community, I would love this nice addition.

I am a serious player. This thread is serious.