Author Topic: Borderless Windowed mode, where is it?  (Read 27030 times)

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
Re: Borderless Windowed mode, where is it?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 05:59:50 am »
Go into Steam, right click on guns of icarus -> Properties -> Launch options and type in "-popupwindow"

Taadaa, Borderless window mode.

Cheers

Offline Darcain

• Salutes: 0
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 07:02:02 am »
Go into Steam, right click on guns of icarus -> Properties -> Launch options and type in "-popupwindow"

Taadaa, Borderless window mode.

Cheers

Still is better to have it right there in the options menu because not everyone that needs the mode is gonna even know this thread right here exists.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 07:18:17 am »
I'll admit it would probably be nice to have the option be push button. Now you know how to do it so you can tell others. Knowledge is a good thing to pass around.

Tell people in game. I mean it took me ten minutes of research/asking to find that answer. Anyone who has had the misfortune of using windows should know how to look this kind of stuff up.

Offline Darcain

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:39 am »
Anyone who has had the misfortune of using windows should know how to look this kind of stuff up.
It's not always they remember to do it, that and very many games nowadays do not support borderless window so it is not apparent the game even can support this, I say put it in the damn options menu and be done with it.
In short: Many probably wouldn't because they'd just think the game doesn't support it whatsoever since it's not in the options menu.

Offline Typhi

• Salutes: 10
    • [TFoD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 07:39:55 am »
Anyone who has had the misfortune of using windows should know how to look this kind of stuff up.
It's not always they remember to do it, that and very many games nowadays do not support borderless window so it is not apparent the game even can support this, I say put it in the damn options menu and be done with it.
In short: Many probably wouldn't because they'd just think the game doesn't support it whatsoever since it's not in the options menu.

It's pretty obvious that Guns of Icarus supports borderless windowed, since it is running on the Unity engine,  I am mentioning a link in my first post.

Edit link: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/108430-Borderless-window-fullscreen-windowed-mode

Offline Typhi

• Salutes: 10
    • [TFoD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 07:43:09 am »
Passing  -popupwindow via the steam launch stuff (as per that link) seems to work perfectly, so there's that until (if) muse put a checkbox in :P

I just tried the -popupwindow and it is working, though my mouse cursor moves out of screen which is pretty annoying, it should be locked in the game. (I don't have this in matches, just in main menu).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:11:13 am by Typhi »

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 08:40:25 am »
I actually like it like that in the menus because i can go load music between rounds. HOWEVER IIRC there is an option to lock the mouse until you alt tab but i never looked it up.

Offline Darcain

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 08:47:37 am »

It's pretty obvious that Guns of Icarus supports borderless windowed, since it is running on the Unity engine,  I am mentioning a link in my first post.

Edit link: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/108430-Borderless-window-fullscreen-windowed-mode

not everyone looks up what the engine for a game is capable of, heck, most don't care, they just look in the options and think it doesn't support borderless window if it isn't in the menu, I didn't know unity supports borderless windowed until you said it right now.

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 03:19:16 pm »
Making assumptions about what users know about a game/engine and its capabilities is not good. Users sharing information to work around the lack of a direct implementation of a feature is perfectly fine and people should do so for as long as that feature (I.e border less windowed mode) isn't put as an actual option in the game.

But if Muse decides they feel border less windowed mode is something desired by plenty of people then the response won't be or shouldn't be "type this command here in steam." It will be them implementing an actual option into the game. You shouldn't assume people know how to figure out things even as simple as typing a short command into steam.