Author Topic: Advanced engineering tutorial  (Read 13046 times)

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Advanced engineering tutorial
« on: January 22, 2016, 02:50:39 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK9hOU92chE

Here you go forum visitors. Get the word out.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced engineering tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:55:53 am »
>hitting pyra engine from below
>advanced

Jumping from goldfish main engine to bottom left engine is overrated for me, I learned to jump to the right side (much easier) and if needed I turn around and hit the left engine.

Huh, I've never knew about back down-jump to the galleon main engine.

The rubber banding on spire is annoying as fuck. But if jumping straight onto gun fixes it then I gotta try.

Showing the backward squid turning engine jump is a bit over the top. I mean, given that we show things like hitting engine from below.

Also sadly like one-two patches ago SOMETHING happened and not all components not always make sounds when you repair them, as most-time-engineer I was relying on it very much but now it's just random, so I hit it as I think and pray it worked this time.

All in all this is a pretty good guide, with some polish it could easily be put in game as an official community guide, I'd advise to, for the sake of the game, separate all ship-related tips and also to record it without game music and then perhaps ask devs for permission to put music in background (because every tip the music is in different place and it's annoying when you're watching).

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 11:36:25 am »
>hitting pyra engine from below
>advanced

Pr0 MLG even.

Also sadly like one-two patches ago SOMETHING happened and not all components not always make sounds when you repair them, as most-time-engineer I was relying on it very much but now it's just random, so I hit it as I think and pray it worked this time.

Huh, I thought I was going insane, but this REALLY is a thing. What the fuck Muse?

with some polish

I too agree that there's not enough "kurwa" in it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:40:45 am by Schwalbe »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 12:55:51 pm »
You want to remove the polish and nobody bats an eye
You want to remove the Polish and you are literally Hitler :P

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 01:54:28 pm »
I dont know who made this or if they still play.

I learned some stuff from it though.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 02:57:44 pm »
One thing to note is that you should only use spanner to tank armor if it has less than 250 damage on it (unlike the video). Ideally you wanna switch to mallet as soon as it has 250 dmg. Mallet repairs 39% faster than spanner
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:01:15 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 11:12:14 pm »
Just wanted to chime in and say that the video is core knowledge for competitive buff engis. Helped me a lot when I started out and still use many of the jumps.

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 09:34:38 pm »
"Advanced engineering guide"

*clicks*

This video looks awfully familiar...

*looks at channel*

OH SHIT LOL IT'S MY OWN VIDEO

Anyways, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see people still watching this Windows Movie Maker abomination. Glad it still helps.

And for the record, this was never meant to be an "advanced" engineering guide, it was a tips and parkour guide as the title says. :P

One thing to note is that you should only use spanner to tank armor if it has less than 250 damage on it (unlike the video). Ideally you wanna switch to mallet as soon as it has 250 dmg. Mallet repairs 39% faster than spanner

I've added an annotation for that.

All in all this is a pretty good guide, with some polish it could easily be put in game as an official community guide, I'd advise to, for the sake of the game, separate all ship-related tips and also to record it without game music and then perhaps ask devs for permission to put music in background (because every tip the music is in different place and it's annoying when you're watching).
I don't have access to the raw footage until June. I'll look into it then :) Or I could re-record everything but I'm not sure how well my laptop can handle screen capturing. I will try sometime during exam leave.

I dont know who made this or if they still play.

I learned some stuff from it though.
I don't really play anymore, but I'm glad my video helped you.  :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:45:59 pm by vyew »

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 11:29:44 am »
Good news friends, my laptop can record reasonably if I drop a few more settings down. Looks like I've got a decent little project for the holidays :)

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 11:49:59 am »

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 07:11:39 pm »
Good news friends, my laptop can record reasonably if I drop a few more settings down. Looks like I've got a decent little project for the holidays :)

Lol I spoke to soon, there is a horrible amount of stuttering in the exported footage whenever I start doing repair cycles even in practice mode. I'll have to get back to my desktop in June. Rip lmao

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 09:36:00 am »

Lol I spoke to soon, there is a horrible amount of stuttering in the exported footage whenever I start doing repair cycles even in practice mode. I'll have to get back to my desktop in June. Rip lmao

Link what you make to muse and they'll add it to the game. That or give them the raw footage for them to edit (following your script) into an official tutorial video.