Author Topic: Cronus League Week 3!  (Read 12257 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Cronus League Week 3!
« on: January 16, 2016, 07:43:23 pm »
Cronus League week 2 has come to a conclusion, with matches going quite smoothly. The new team standings are up along with partners for the next weekend. Matches/maps will be posted on Wednesday as normal. If any teams have complaints/issues/concerns for this week, please let me know before matches are set on Wednesday. This can include catching my errors with the point allocation, reporting a ship for sabotaging the match, letting me know your team is going on break, etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wbh1ATjh3L_ddCPECpgHHoajWfmxjHj3JDoPiMSUXnU/edit#gid=319687934

Check out the Week 3 tab at the bottom to see who your partner is! The third match for all teams this week will be capture point instead of the regular DM.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 02:23:52 pm by Ightrril »

Offline Silent Marauder

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 14
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Cronus League Week 3!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 07:43:57 am »

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 12:22:57 pm »
Thanks for the catch!

Hopefully a mod can update the post. xD

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 02:27:19 pm »
Link fixed.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:15:10 pm »
Matches are up for this Saturday! (Jan 23, 2 PM EST)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wbh1ATjh3L_ddCPECpgHHoajWfmxjHj3JDoPiMSUXnU/edit#gid=319687934

Once again, please let me know if you find any errors in the match ups! Good luck~

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 08:37:37 pm »
Matches are up for this Saturday! (Jan 23, 2 PM EST)

Once again, please let me know if you find any errors in the match ups! Good luck~

The Grim Reapers and Saltro appear twice in round 3, while Team Predators and A Fine Nights Curse do not at all.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 08:45:26 pm »
Fixed~

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 04:09:57 am »
Apparently it's a traddition for every organizer to mistype Team Predators' name atleast once every tournament.

EDIT: The lower Round 2 bracket is also typed as Round 1 instead.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:12:18 am by MightyKeb »

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 07:22:02 pm »
Well if I don't make mistakes, I can't be sure anyone reads it.

At least that's my excuse.

Offline The Cunning Linquist

• Salutes: 2
    • [AFNC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 01:17:35 pm »
Anyone know James T. Kirk's twitch stream?

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 01:23:14 pm »
Anyone know James T. Kirk's twitch stream?

I believe it is http://www.twitch.tv/goijamestkirk, though do not quote me on that.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 01:37:11 pm »
That is correct, but I'm casting over on http://www.twitch.tv/gunsoficarus this week! Yay!

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 04:26:52 pm »
So I thought I'd post this and pretend people care:

I was watching the Stream for most of the day between matches. During the final round, when Kirk was streaming, the first match ended and there was another match scheduled before mine. I wasn't in Guns of Icarus because I was watching on Twitch. When the first match ended, I watched and waited for the next match between Hastatii and No Hug Me I'm Scared versus Grim Reapers and Saltro. I play with bComplete and Pwni often so I was rooting for No Hug Me I'm Scared. When I noticed their crew hadn't yet joined the match I was afraid they might have to forfeit (as it turns out, it was because of the blizzard). Then I looked at the spreadsheet of matches again and noticed the team that hadn't shown up was... MINE!? The second match of round three had been cancelled and no one contacted me, which is fine. That isn't the problem. The problem is my entire crew and myself thought we had another match scheduled before ours was to begin. When I saw it was OUR match, I joined immediately and got my crew there immediately. There was no big wait for anybody. I was told a timer started because all three other ships had their full crews, and I LITERALLY had UNDER TEN SECONDS after my entire crew booted up GOI and joined the lobby to select my ship and tools. My crew was not so lucky. We flew into battle unprepared, even though we should have been. I can't help but feel this isn't my fault. We had discussed strategy before the match and were mentally ready. We just physically couldn't mash keys and move mice fast enough because we were threatened with penalties.

I'm more than frustrated right now. I was told I'd have to forfeit if I didn't press ready immediately. It's fine that I wasn't contacted, but couldn't my ship have been given, you know, SOME TIME (you know, like, 3 minutes?) to prepare considering our match was pushed up!? I've been having fun in this tournament, but crap like this really irks me. We weren't late... if anything, we were EARLY, yet we were threatened with penalties and forfeiture so we PANIC'd (see what I did thar?) and readied up when not truly ready. If organizers want people who aren't really into tournaments (read: me and my crew, among others I convinced to sign up) to have FUN and CONTINUE to play in tournaments, you guys need to be a slight bit flexible when things don't go according to plan. One of my co-captain's crew mates bitched at me in the in-game chat saying it would be my ship's fault if we lost because of this. Really? Come on...

P.S. Another shout-out to Kirk for doing a bang-up job streaming the matches. Was fun to get to watch high-level play without having to get my ass kicked ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:38:17 pm by Atruejedi »

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 05:33:56 pm »
Well, once again we had a caster down, and I had to step in and cast. So we had to bring in a new ref as well. Casting and organizing is not easy.

No Hug Me I'm Scared did not show up for their first match, or their second match. Normally teams need to show up for every match, even if their ally doesn't. Because what can happen, and did happen, is that the team is late and showed up for their third match. However, Hastatii was informed that since their ally didn't show up for the first match, they could just call it a day, which they did. This was my fault for not answering the ref who asked me about it in time.

So we skipped the Hastatii/No Hug Me I'm Scared matches.

Had you been in game, you would have been PM'd that your match was ready, since that is our only method to contact you.

You can also use pause time in the lobby to extend your ready up time, or simply take a point penalty and ready up late.

The ref for those matches was called in at the last second to cover, so they might not have been as solid on rules regarding starting late; and because they didn't want to mess up, they wanted to stick firmly to the rules they did know (ie: starting within 3 minutes).

It's not an ideal situation, but it happens.

Since matches do not have a set start time, you have to be in game at 2 pm EST and be ready for the ref to let you know your lobby is up for each match. If you do exit the game, you do so at your own risk. If we can't contact you, we can't contact you.