Author Topic: Cronus League Week 2!  (Read 9135 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Cronus League Week 2!
« on: January 09, 2016, 06:20:55 pm »
Thanks everyone for putting up with the mess that was Week 1! Everything went off pretty well despite the problems. Congratulations and thanks are do to all the participants and help! Without the last minute casters and dedication of our ref, this couldn't have happened.

Starting week 2 until week 9, teams will have the same team mate for the whole day (all 3 matches). Hopefully week 1 let you meet some interesting teams and figure how to work with a semi-random partner. Teams are paired in the high-low system, and points will carry on throughout the tournament.

Losing teams will lose 10% of their points. This will be pooled together and split among the winners. The rules have more details.

Currently the points and pairings have been updated. Late joins have been assigned a 5% point loss for each match they would have participated in. The team that was on break took the same penalty. The team that subbed for them kept the points they earned for the matches.

Matches and Maps will be set on Wednesday. If there are any concerns over points, partners, rules, etc; please bring them to me prior to Wednesday. If a team is going to drop out or go on break this weekend, please let me know before Wednesday. If you suspect someone broke a rule or didn't play fairly, please let me know before Wednesday. Contacting me through PM is the best way to get a response without cluttering the thread.

Important Rule Changes:

- Ship names MUST match their team name. Teams will be able to change their team name before this Wednesday. This will not be able to be changed after Wednesday. Failure to have your ship name match your team will result in a point penalty. This penalty will increase with each subsequent failure. (5, 10, 20, 40, ... )

-Readying up. Teams must ready up within the 3 minutes. Teams not readied up for whatever reason by this time will start losing their pause time (all teams that are not ready). When this pause time is used up, they will get a point penalty. This point penalty will be determined by how much time they remain unready in the lobby and how often this occurs. (5 points for every 2 minutes, multiplied by the number of the offense).

-Foul Play. If foul play is discovered (forcing your team to lose on purpose) the opposing team may also receive a point penalty along with the team instigating the foul play.

Matches and Points:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wbh1ATjh3L_ddCPECpgHHoajWfmxjHj3JDoPiMSUXnU/edit#gid=0

Ruleset:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19_Zpqhe3qrwz1t5Rmxe4depJl8a0VBsP4A2eNMB98HA/edit
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:51:10 pm by Ightrril »

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
Re: Cronus League Week 2!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 10:40:35 pm »
Green Sun Rising is in.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 02:54:38 am »
Teams don't have to sign up each week. Once you've signed up, you're in it for all 10 weeks until you quit or stop showing up.

Although if a team forfeits and brings us down to an odd number of teams, we'll have to figure something else out for the remaining teams...

However, this is the last week for the late sign ups. You can show up for week 2 with slightly reduced points. We still need sets of 4 teams for this to go smoothly. (So if only 3 teams sign up, we won't be able to get them into the League as a regular team.)

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 10:46:24 pm »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wbh1ATjh3L_ddCPECpgHHoajWfmxjHj3JDoPiMSUXnU/edit#gid=1869348923

Matches and Maps are up (Follow the link above and go to the Week 2 Tab at the bottom of the screen)! As a general and important reminder, your ship name MUST match your team name. Please update your names ASAP if necessary, this will be your only chance to do so.

Pairs should not fight the same opponent more than once. If you see this in the matches, let me know so that I can fix it.

Regrettably we didn't have enough late join teams to put the remaining teams into the matches, this was the last week for teams to join.

Late join teams incur a mild point penalty (5% lost for each match they missed; as opposed to 10% for losing a match. A Fine Nights Curse took a break on week 1 and the point loss was the same.

Remember that if you need to take a break, try to let me know before the matches go up. Teams that do not show up will have all 20% of their points lost for each match they miss, and their ally team will not suffer a point loss.

In the even that teams do not show, we will be happy to replace such teams with late join teams if they fail to communicate with us before matches are set up the next week. (So if you miss matches this week and fail to inform the organizers before next Wednesday, you will be removed from the League).

Good luck this Saturday!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 03:41:31 am »
Well, due to my stupidity in naming our team Bard Ship 2 (Without realising numbers are not compatible with ship names)

we have rebranded ourselves:

Crazy Bards, signing up.

Offline The Cunning Linquist

• Salutes: 2
    • [AFNC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 01:34:00 pm »
How do we find out what times our matches start?  Or, if not that, do we know what times the rounds will start?  Or what time the first round starts?  I'm just trying to figure out the time-frame when I should be online.

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 03:13:09 pm »
How do we find out what times our matches start?  Or, if not that, do we know what times the rounds will start?  Or what time the first round starts?  I'm just trying to figure out the time-frame when I should be online.

Games always begin at 2 pm Eastern Time, and last week they lasted until around 4,  though there are more matches this week. I do recommend that you get in game at least 5-10 minutes before 2 if you are scheduled for the first match. Each lobby is created as soon as the previous match ends, so there is no way to set the time a match begins in stone, but the best way, in my opinion, is to have whatever stream your next match will appear on open in order to know when you next match begins.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 08:21:36 pm »
Thank you Guagadu, it's just like he said. We could try to schedule every match for a specific time, but then we have to plan each match lasted the longest time. It's more efficient to move from match to match as they're completed. This makes it difficult to know what time any match beyond the first matches will start. However, they will start at 2 PM EST and continue in order. (However, matches may be moved as necessary, but this will only be done when absolutely necessary).

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 01:10:55 pm »
Casters this week will be Redria and Fourth Oracle:

twitch.tv/redria7

twitch.tv/FourthOracle