Author Topic: GOIO CHAOS - Lobby Randomization Utility by Atrusario  (Read 25182 times)

Offline Atrusario

• Salutes: 6
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
Re: GOIO CHAOS - Lobby Randomization Utility by Atrusario
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 10:19:42 am »
Thank you for the kind words!

I created this program using GameMaker: Studio, which uses a proprietary language named GML (Game Maker Language). I might not be the greatest development platform ever, but it greatly speeds up the rate at which I can create applications. Plus, it's severely underrated. When used properly, it can be used to make just about anything!

Offline Peter Pun

• Salutes: 1
    • [ooc]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 03:34:49 pm »
Hey Atrusario,

Since Chaos matches are back, for the last couple of days I was working on a similar program, that would help making the lobbies.
My implementation requires no typing of names, only a screenshot, then it does the rest for you. Though it does no OCR, I might get a library for that.
Also it's lacking a lot of features, yours already have, like hosting, or shuffling anything but the player positions.
Another problem is that it's in C# Windows Form, which isn't compatible with yours.... I'd really like to improve mine, or bring the picture analysis into yours.

If you're interested here's a github link to the project (uncommented, but working)

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 07:22:09 pm »
Hey Atrusario,

Since Chaos matches are back, for the last couple of days I was working on a similar program, that would help making the lobbies.
My implementation requires no typing of names, only a screenshot, then it does the rest for you.

That. Is. Amazing. All-star team-up time?

Offline Atrusario

• [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 10:10:02 pm »
Peter Pun,

I regards to your idea of using a screenshot, I have a few comments.

Firstly, I love the idea! It would speed things up tremendously. I can honestly say that I don't recall ever thinking of this. :o

On the other hand, I see a lot of complications with the implementation. Picture analysis gets pretty complicated when you start working with different resolutions and whatnot. Anything more than simple ratio-based extraction would be difficult. At any rate, I'd be happy to discuss the idea with you further!

Offline Atrusario

• [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 10:54:44 pm »
Update 1.3.0 has just released and introduces some pretty amazing features into the program. These additions help to eliminate a lot of the time it takes to set up CHAOS matches! All thanks to some brilliant ideas by PeterPun, you can now load a screenshot of your lobby directly into the program and player name data will be extracted from it! How did I not think of that before?! The name of the player previously in a slot is now shown to speed up the switching process as well.

Thank you for your undying support for this program! Feel free to comment bellow any thoughts, comments, or question you might have.

Offline Atrusario

• [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 06:03:09 pm »
Just a quick update (1.3.1):

A bug was discovered where when you try to mix the crew of only one side without having mixed at all previously, an error would occur. This problem has been resolved.

If you ever discover any issues with the application, please let me know so that I can get them fixed! :D

Offline Atrusario

• [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 09:18:45 am »
Just a quick update (1.3.2) requested by Atruejedi that extenuates the decimal read out on the weight menus to the hundredths place. Originally, I removed the decimals because it looked cleaner, but function is priority!

If you have any requests, bug fixes, or questions, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for everyone's continual support of this project! ;D

Offline Atruejedi

• [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 12:07:20 pm »
I just want to, again, praise Atrusario for being such an awesome dude and helping out Chaos Skirmish Saturdays and others. We appreciate it so much, dude! Salute! SALUTE!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 01:00:12 pm »
 8)

Offline Atrusario

• [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2016, 03:36:33 pm »
Now the the GUI changes have ceased in Guns of Icarus, I've pushed out an update (1.3.3) to support them. I've also improved the screenshot loader so that the resulting images are sharper and not as squished.

Feel free to contact me with any bugs or feature ideas you have. Thank you for everyone's continual support of this project, most notably Atruejedi. This wouldn't even exist without him!  8)

Offline Atruejedi

• [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 07:57:22 pm »
Now the the GUI changes have ceased in Guns of Icarus, I've pushed out an update (1.3.3) to support them. I've also improved the screenshot loader so that the resulting images are sharper and not as squished.

Feel free to contact me with any bugs or feature ideas you have. Thank you for everyone's continual support of this project, most notably Atruejedi. This wouldn't even exist without him!  8)

To put it succinctly...

NO U

I'm not the one who deserves thanks. You answered our call and have made Chaos much less chaotic during the lobby setup, in which our namesake is our enemy. So thank YOU, GOOD SIR! #PraiseBe