Author Topic: What is canon now?  (Read 20500 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: What is canon now?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 12:25:21 pm »
Made funnier by the fact that I played with an AI named Jesus. So, you banned Jesus.
I prefer "Jesus take the wheel" followed by the driver running off to do something stupid.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 07:25:43 pm »
Oh, I really hope the original GoI isn't strictly adhered to.  I'm going to be blunt, that game is utter shit compared to what GoI is now based on the demo.  Forget it was ever there, the game is no longer indicative of the quality Muse is capable of putting out.  Shred its story to pieces if it ever actually had one beyond the italics quotes you see parodied in "indie mode" for Upgrade Complete 2, start off fresh and make a completely new setting.  If Muse doesn't want to rewrite that much, then they shouldn't be afraid to retcon anything and everything.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 07:46:34 pm »
Oh, I really hope the original GoI isn't strictly adhered to.  I'm going to be blunt, that game is utter shit compared to what GoI is now based on the demo.  Forget it was ever there, the game is no longer indicative of the quality Muse is capable of putting out.  Shred its story to pieces if it ever actually had one beyond the italics quotes you see parodied in "indie mode" for Upgrade Complete 2, start off fresh and make a completely new setting.  If Muse doesn't want to rewrite that much, then they shouldn't be afraid to retcon anything and everything.

Problem is a decent amount of that was already carried over and established in the lore somehow, and I will say that while the old game can't hold it's self against what they have made now, it's still plays a role in everything here.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 07:55:06 pm »
Yeah, what's currently in Guns of Icarus Online is all there really needs to be, so long it doesn't make any big references to Guns of Icarus like it's a game you would actually want to play they'll be alright.  I'm sure they're smart enough to pretend Guns of Icarus never happened, I realize now why they don't bundle GoI with GoIO.  If people played the original first they'd think GoIO was just as shitty and not give it a shot.

No offense to the devs, of course, it's a neat proof of concept and spawned this much better game.  It's just horrible by Steam game standards.