Author Topic: A players Phycology Project, and moderation feedback survey  (Read 4786 times)

Offline Admiral Obvious

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
A players Phycology Project, and moderation feedback survey
« on: January 03, 2016, 12:20:17 pm »
Hey all! So a player posted a a thread on r/GunsOfIcarus that peaked my interest in terms of moderation feedback. I told them over PM they should post here, but they wanted to remain anonymous in game for reasons effecting the validity of his research. Ill copy that post here.

Link to the post : https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsOfIcarus/comments/3z97hh/quick_question_for_phycology_project_what_do/

Copy of the post:

(Survey should take no more than 2 minutes, and is all checkboxes for those worried about a long form)
TL;DR Check off in the questionnaire things that players can do that bother you to the point you must either leave the match, block/kick the player, and/or call a moderator. Leave comments for why you chose what you did in this post's comment section. Link posted below

Hey Reddit!

Long time lurker, and recent lover of all things Guns Of Icarus! Though I have been here only a short time, I have come to love this game enough to see a bit of its dark side. Despite players most often being friendly, we occasionally get jerks who don't want to play fair. I have created a Google survey to find out the common theme among conflict situations over social media and digital communication that bother people to the point where an outside form of intervention.

I am focusing on video games for this simple survey, with this one geared towards Guns Of Icarus. My attempt is to identify things that require some form of conflict prevention to happen. This could mean blocking the player, kicking the player, leaving the lobby or calling in a moderator to resolve the situation. Basically, if a player does something that forces you to either take action or leave the conflict zone, please check it off in the included questionnaire. No log or ID is required, simply check ONLY the things that would bother you to the measure stipulated above

If you also like, I would greatly appreciate it if you could say why you chose what you did. Feel free to also leave suggestions for new questions, or how you could see these conflicts resolved.

Link you need

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cgWkzSyF1Jd8ViYfchdMWEAkIQT4_27xg6IALgIfEfE/viewform?usp=send_form

Offline Coiler

• Salutes: 10
    • [B&C]
    • View Profile
Re: A players Phycology Project, and moderation feedback survey
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:28:30 pm »
You seemed to have left out 'tactical swaps'

aka last second ship changes
they have become pretty popular, even recent sale players have learned to exploit this smart strategy from some of the best guys we have hanging around here

Offline Brewstone

• Salutes: 1
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:05:08 pm »
I answered. Hope the OP gets the information he needs!

Offline Admiral Obvious

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 12:24:56 am »
OK was notified it is not phycology as it should be spelt, but is Psychology. I let OP know and they said they completely missed that one. They are new to english (german is 1st language) and are in a "Philosophy class on Morality" and he wanted to use the term "psychology".

That's for all you Grammer meany heads out there. (I will not name names Igh)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 04:49:55 am »
bleh... can't be bothered playtestrix gives me enough of these damn things.

I am curious if my prediction on the results is wrong though. Shouldn't be.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 04:53:34 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »