Author Topic: Nidhdraca - The Terror Arisen  (Read 5020 times)

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Nidhdraca - The Terror Arisen
« on: April 23, 2013, 11:32:38 pm »
"Ah, the name is familiar..." The keeper of the Remnant muttered while pacing back and forth on the ancient marble floor of the library. I eyed the keeper as he pondered, his brow wrinkled and his eyes squinted. He appeared, impossibly, even older than before. A look of surprise flashed on the old man's face and I knew he had answers for my questions, but would he tell me? I was starting to believe that the lonely ship I had found in the wastes was a bad omen. It hadn't been so unsettling before, but I had come to believe that the faint scent in the ships skeletal hull was the scent of blood, and that the subtle, but eerie cry of the wheel as it turned was the scream of a long forgotten soul. The keeper turned to face me at last as he said "In our tongue the name means 'Hostile Dragon'" he turned his gaze to the ground, "the ship you pulled out of the dust and naively fit with a balloon is none other than the ancient terror that decimated thousands of ships in relentless fury. That ship is hungry with anger and fed with death!" A look crossed between shock and embarrassment came over my face. The burning in my cheeks and the sinking in my chest made it difficult to look the keeper in the eye. Prideful as I am, however, and not wanting to look the fool I retorted, "If it flies like anything today, I can handle it." The lights of gas powered chandelier in the middle of the massive domed building seemed to dim and flicker, and the long hanging flags along the walls cast shadows that appeared even darker than before. "Everything has a soul captain," the keeper said with a stern, almost scolding voice, "it wants what I fear you may feed it. You would do well to burn that ship before you fall victim to it yourself."

"In the cold of night,
the fire of its eyes,
the roar of its maw,
shall light the sky,
shall part the wind,
the Terror shall devour once more!
It's wings will alight,
chained no more!
In the cold of night,
beware you who hold the dead seas,
beware you who hide among the clouds,
Nidhdraca turns its gaze upon you,