Author Topic: The observations of a madman:  (Read 21183 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
The observations of a madman:
« on: March 18, 2016, 02:03:39 pm »
First post of 2016 under Community Guides  8)

Behold! For I bring gifts of knowledge!

Offline Grumpy Concerto

• Salutes: 1
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The observations of a madman:
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 03:00:05 am »
Very nice!

I like the fact that the images within the Guns guide are taken in their designated factions territories. Nice work.

Also, what the hell is that thing next to the Fjord Divine Tempest missiles? Is that a new ship?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 05:53:02 am »
Hail the mad Mann!

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 11:24:09 am »
A comment focused on the Alliance Weapons guide:

If this is intended to be a guide, I feel that some level of accuracy should be maintained.

The Fjord Baronies' light weapon is the Heyoka Guided Missile(s), not the "Divine Tempest Missiles".
The Mercantile Guild's light weapon is the Apollo Lens Array, not the "Aten Lens Array".

I'm not entirely sure where you got those two names from, as I've never seen them in the Alliance beta or anywhere else for that matter, but I digress. Interesting documents nevertheless.

P.S. Small nit-pick spelling mistake if you hadn't noticed it.

The guns within Alliance, currently include: The Anglean Zeus Weaponised Coil.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 11:30:15 am »
A comment focused on the Alliance Weapons guide:

If this is intended to be a guide, I feel that some level of accuracy should be maintained.

The Fjord Baronies' light weapon is the Heyoka Guided Missile(s), not the "Divine Tempest Missiles".
The Mercantile Guild's light weapon is the Apollo Lens Array, not the "Aten Lens Array".

I'm not entirely sure where you got those two names from, as I've never seen them in the Alliance beta or anywhere else for that matter, but I digress. Interesting documents nevertheless.

P.S. Small nit-pick spelling mistake if you hadn't noticed it.

The guns within Alliance, currently include: The Anglean Zeus Weaponised Coil.

Steam has a habit of changing words. I believe it may be due to the american formatting thus weaponised turned out weaponized.

Also, the gun names. These names were taken from a discussion I had with the lead designer of muse games thus I incorporated them. These guides have been made in collaboration with Muse Games and thus all names mentioned thus far are accurate based on what I have been told by Muse Games.

Please bear in mind that despite the names of the guide, the name in game and the names planned by Muse Games; the Alliance DLC is in extremely early development> Its not even classed as Beta or Alpha from what I have been told.

With the Ship Guide for example, I was there when the developers were discussing the name of the Shrike. It was not official at the time of the guides release.

I apologise for any confusions caused and I hope this has cleared up some information.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 11:41:14 am »
Also, the gun names. These names were taken from a discussion I had with the lead designer of muse games thus I incorporated them. These guides have been made in collaboration with Muse Games and thus all names mentioned thus far are accurate based on what I have been told by Muse Games.

If this is true I'm amazed you got anyone to work with you. I've tried several times to get various pieces of information on the game's lore/history/anything of the sort with little to no luck, ending up in a run-around conversation leading no where.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 11:50:12 am »
They were very supportive in providing notes on the weaponry, ships and lore. :)

I mainly communicated with them using feedback :)