Author Topic: DLC/Micro-transaction Ideas  (Read 16428 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: DLC/Micro-transaction Ideas
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 08:35:15 am »
mmm.

There are free versions online however they are somewhat limited in resources such as Items to implement such as buildings.

I have unity but game design is not my speciality.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 01:18:28 pm »
Don't worry guys "we have a massive patch with new weapons, ships and maps that will be coming early next week" to Alliance mode!

The thing is that balance doesn't matter in Alliance mode. The ships and weapons are designed to be easy because "we see novice players loving the ease of Alliance play in normal/easy and the ability for them to kill stuff". Unless the idea is to only focus on Alliance then the new ships and guns should be built for Skirmish mode. There should be Alliance exclusives, but new content shouldn't be exclusively Alliance.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 03:35:35 pm »
DLC maps would be nice. The maps would only be accessible if someone in the lobby had the map unlocked. That might make vets more welcome in mid and low matches.

Ships, not so much. That would tread way too close to pay to win, which everyone hates. The only way to make it reasonable is if the ships you could buy were weaker than all existing ships. But, who would by them then?

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 07:18:08 pm »
There once was a suggestion thread about mirrored ships. Combine that idea with the idea of DLC ships and you get a Pyramidion/Squid/Galleon with the side guns on the other side, a Mobula with the ladder on the other side, a Spire with the hull and balloon components back in their original positions.

A Harpoon that actually reels in for 5 seconds, like we had before, a Harpoon that holds the target within the same distance for 10-30 seconds, similar to now, could work for DLC like guns.

Each of those things for whatever price Muse thinks is appropriate. Basically, alternative versions that offer no, or just very little, numerical advantage. Do the same for Alliance mode stuff and suddenly you can support Muse once more.

Yes, the above mentioned ideas aren't going to blow most people's mind, but for competitive players, who may care about the game the most, it may be something that can be worked with.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 07:34:16 pm »
I asked for cosmetic presets like loadout presets.

nothing but good can come of it.

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 08:52:22 pm »
Well obviously as a competitive game, all gameplay-related content should be available to everyone. We all want to avoid any P2W advantage; I think even mirrored ships should be a free update.

All classes: Tool skins
Pilot: Ship component skins - Engines, Weapons, Hull, Balloon, Helm

Regarding new content though, it takes time, effort and money. Muse earns almost nothing from it because it's free. There have been many interesting and feasible gameplay ideas thrown around. However, at the moment, I'm guessing new skirmish content would only be looked at when they are done with Alliance.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 08:26:26 am »
Which is why this thread is about ideas to make money. If new ships are to be free thats fine. Think of new things, like say paid for new ship skins. Think your galleon needs a face lift? Try this new corsair galleon skin (not to be confused with ship themes).

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 10:26:36 am »
Where's mah consultation money?

playtestrix pays me for this stuff.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2015, 03:27:33 pm »
'Pimp my galleon' confirmed

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 09:23:11 am »
'Pimp my galleon' confirmed

Yo dawg I put hwachas on your hwachas so you can break while they breaks.