Author Topic: GoIO dock icon  (Read 9312 times)

Offline Jove Chiere

• Salutes: 2
    • [Esp]
    • View Profile
    • GRAFOSYAKUZA
GoIO dock icon
« on: April 23, 2013, 01:57:01 pm »
I love Guns of Icarus Online ... So much so that I wanted to always have the hand icon to launch it from my Dock.
So, I had to make some fanart to have the style icon of the games that I have.
Hope you like, I share it for everyone.

Do not stop in their efforts MUSE, going to succeed! :-*

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: GoIO dock icon
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 02:28:14 pm »
That is some fine artwork, thanks for sharing it with us. I find it a little odd how the pilot seem the most aloof, since in my experience the pilot does the most talking.

Offline Adrian Locke

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
    • Backfire Studios Twitch
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:42:22 pm »
in my experience the pilot does the most talking.

Talking, maybe. But the Engi's and Gunner tend to work together the most, and basically attempt their best to cater to whatever the hell the pilot is doing. The pilot may communicate most, but the teamwork between the crew is usually the most prominent on deck.

Regardless, this thread is meant to be about the Dock-art, which is lovely! Seems professional!

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:13:50 pm »
Neat!

Offline Jove Chiere

• Salutes: 2
    • [Esp]
    • View Profile
    • GRAFOSYAKUZA
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 07:13:51 am »
But in response to your request, I have thought proper to create three versions of the icon. Each with a protagonist of each class.
Pilot
Enginer
Gunner

That is some fine artwork, thanks for sharing it with us. I find it a little odd how the pilot seem the most aloof, since in my experience the pilot does the most talking.
You are absolutely right, Lord Hamster IV.
From my perspective Gunner (Gunner of HM Royal Highness), was suitable for me, seeing the gunner in the first line (as that is where usually).

Talking, maybe. But the Engi's and Gunner tend to work together the most, and basically attempt their best to cater to whatever the hell the pilot is doing. The pilot may communicate most, but the teamwork between the crew is usually the most prominent on deck.

Regardless, this thread is meant to be about the Dock-art, which is lovely! Seems professional!
Thank you for your comments Sir Adrian Locke.
But do not try to reason with a captain, they always see the world from behind your boat rudder.

Neat!
Double ration of rum for Sgt. Spoon.

I hope you like and any other request the attend you with pleasure.

Offline Adrian Locke

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
    • Backfire Studios Twitch
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 10:53:14 am »
Hah. Don't try to reason with a captain, I AM a captain! And I very much feel like the odd one out among my crew. I tell them where the enemy's going to be, they keep us afloat and do their best to take down the foe. They do most of this while I simply shout things like "FIX THE BALOON, DUCKWAD" "DO YOU EVEN FIX BRO??" "THEY'RE RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!.... SHOOT THEM YOU RUDDY TWATS! SHOOOT THEEM!!" But I'm not terribly helpful, just another asshole adding stress to the crew's back. While they're generally 2 steps ahead of me on their repair priorities!

Haha, I love the new icons centralizing the respective classes. Might do to save the pilot one for myself...

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:25:48 pm »
Very nice artwork. It is important not to let the Captains and Engineers feel slighted. Especially the captains who tend to communicate their displeasure through floggings. What tool did you use to make these?