Author Topic: NIGHT MAPS + RANDOM IDEAS  (Read 10712 times)

Offline ADMIRAL ANGRY

• Salutes: 2
    • [BCK]
    • View Profile
NIGHT MAPS + RANDOM IDEAS
« on: December 03, 2015, 03:42:24 pm »
it would be really cool if there were maps that were really really dark and would require a spotlight. but a spotlight as a gun? nahhh
the ships should be more detailed and feel a little more "homey" think about it a crew on an airship for probabl longer than a day what wuld they have on their ship?
maybe the pyramidion could have a little sptlight next t the captain?
how bout harpoons as part of the ship too? if they actually worked
and lets say theres two pyramidians in a game. if it were real how would this be?  are they  mass produced?
ive been looking at boss ships and they look crazy!!! what the hell????
these ships (junker pyra galleon ect )look like they were built by their own crew with scraps. so how can there be more than one looking exactly the same?
there should be alot of different types of ships looking like they were built from trash.
nd the ships should have more functionalities beides the gun mounts the captain chooses.
what if instead of the beacon flare gun the captain can carry a little flare gun as a tool to spot enemies?
spotlight can be a spotting tool attached to the ship. maybe the gallen could have one on each side and gunners mount it to turn the light on or ff nd aim it.
what about smoke bomb? pilots would hate this. what if you shoot the enemy ship with a smoke bomb so they cant see anything around them but u can still see them.  like being caught in a cloud
and about the clothing nd stuff. there should be a "i dont give a f**k im a pirate" look
i feel like theyre all "im a classy gentleman" look the ships too. there should be more themes with raggy sails and whatnot
in my opinin to make this game better it should be more detailed and realistic
share your ideas!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: NIGHT MAPS + RANDOM IDEAS
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 03:54:26 pm »
Maybe write it a little clearer and send it to feedback@musegames.com for their input.  8)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 08:20:51 pm »

Offline ADMIRAL ANGRY

• Salutes: 2
    • [BCK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 08:33:57 pm »

Offline DaOrks

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 05:18:49 am »
me while reading this post

You shall not parse.

And neither shall I. Not even trying.

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 06:41:23 am »

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 08:40:46 am »
This wall of text looked very incoherent and impossible to read enjoyably so I took the liberty of revising it for the original poster and everyone else. Honestly, the night maps idea is decent, but I'd prefer static spotlights rotating on lighthouses. That would be badass. Without further delay...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Here is my post of random ideas I could have put in already-existing threads! Just be happy I didn't start a thread for EACH IDEA. Don't tempt me. I hope you enjoy it and provide feedback!

It would be really cool if there were maps that were really, really, dark and would require a spotlight to illuminate enemy (and friendly) ships. I do not propose replacing a gun with a spotlight utility, no sir. That would be silly. Who would replace a gun slot with a spotlight "gun?" No one! So, a large spotlight could be a spotting tool attached to the ship IN ADDITION to the typical gun slots for night/dark maps. Maybe the Galleon could have one on each side and gunners could mount it to turn the light on or off and aim it. Only the gunner class. Because gunner. But maybe the Pyramidion (and only the Pyra!) could have a little spotlight next to the captain? I'm so high right now. How about harpoons (if they actually worked...) as part of the ship too? Harpoon slots and spotlight slots and gun slots. All separate!

Aesthetically, the ships in this Steampunk/Dieselpunk game should be more detailed and feel a little more "homey." Think about it... these aren't just hours-long journeys between settlements; they are treacherous treks across entire continents! What would they have on their ship? Where's the galley? The bunks? The TOILET!?

Oh, and about the clothing and stuff... there should be a "I don't give a #*%, I'm a PIRATE!" look. Currently, there are far too many dapper ladies and gentlemen of leisure in this Steampunk/Dieselpunk game. I feel like they all have that look, like, "Ho-hum, I say, dear sir or madame, I do challenge you do a duel! Excelsior!" The ships, too! Way too Steampunk/Dieselpunk and not enough NYHARRRR PIRATEY shiz in this game. There should be more themes with raggity sails and whatnot. Skulls and crossbones and grog and rum and planks and eyepatches and parrots and achievements for bedding the captain's daughter! I've already visited the Guns of Icarus Online Steam Workshop and upvoted the MIGHT PIRATE VOICE PACK created by Atruejedi. I even shared it with all my friends! I really want to get it into the game... but it isn't ENOUGH FOR ME, MATEY! I'll make Muse WALK THE PLANK IF I DON'T GET A PEG LEG FOR MY AVATAR!

Now, let's talk about realism. I have no idea how art assets and computer power allocation work, so I'm just going to drop all this here: Let's say there are two Pyramidions in a game. The ships in skirmish mode look like they were built by their own crew with scraps. That's the art style. So, how can there be more than one looking exactly the same? If this game were Real Life™, how or why are these ships identical? There should be a lot of different types of ships looking like they were built from trash. Are these vessels mass produced? Is there a factory somewhere in the wastes that pumps out these ships on assembly lines and sells them all to each faction? Do they use the profits to influence elections and topple dictators? Does this fantasy world have their own military-industrial complex!? Are they Boeing? Northrop Grumann!? LOCKHEED MARTIN!?!? Conspiracy!

I've been looking at boss ships and they look crazy! What the hell? This means I don't like how they look but offer no reasons why or constructive criticism! I like typing. I wish you could hear my inner monologue's voice. It's like Robin Williams, all coked up.

What if, instead of the beacon flare gun, the captain could carry his or her own, personal, little, flare gun as a tool to spot enemies? It could occupy one of his pilot tool slots and replace a more needed tool. He could hop off the helm control to use it! It would be immersive. I know we already have a spyglass and that crews bring spyglasses to spot ships and that this handheld pilot flare gun would do the same thing, but... variety! IMMERSION! Occulus Rift!

Speaking of immersion, ships should have more functions besides the gun mounts the captain chooses. But I'm not going to suggest anything and anything I WOULD suggest would make little sense to add to the game. And hey, what about smoke bombs? I'm ignoring the other threads that recently proposed this same idea. Pilots would hate this. What if you shoot the enemy ship with a smoke bomb so they can't see anything around them but YOU and your allies can still see them? It would be like being caught in a cloud, except only for the target ship, defying all physics, realism, and fairness.

In my opinion, to make this game better, it should be more detailed and realistic. Like my only-affects-one-ship smoke-bomb-launcher idea. Gameplay isn't important. Cosmetics are! NYARRR!!!
Share your random nonsensical and unrealistic ideas! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:47:37 am by Atruejedi »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 08:41:59 am »
me while reading this post

how about you contribute some ideas

How about you read almost any post in Feedback and suggestion, punk :P

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 09:12:23 am »
reading is hard.

and pretty sure a night thread already exists.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 11:15:12 pm »
I appreciate a new member of the community contributing enthusiastic ideas for the game. There is nothing wrong with that. But it doesn't change the fact that your post is incoherent and hard to read. It doesn't matter what you are writing, if it is meant for the public to read you do need to make an effort to write correctly. You're free to write what you want, how you want, but if you want your thoughts and opinions to be taken seriously, then you need to put the effort into communicating properly. My reaction to that post, and any post like that, is to immediately decide never to read it. You can assured that I am not the only one who thinks that way. You are doing yourself a disservice by writing something people will immediately disregard, because of poor writing comprehension.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:16:58 pm by Byron Cavendish »

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 11:19:51 pm »
yes

yes5

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]