Author Topic: HARPOON GUN  (Read 13361 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: HARPOON GUN
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 01:02:42 pm »

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 01:18:50 pm »
After taking a range finder in myself, I guess I was fooled by the animation and a slightly drifting target dummy, my bad. They could definitely make the whole thing much more clear, I had no idea that was a thing.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 01:19:05 pm »
Yeah, BlackenedPies' video mythbusts all this nonsense hearsay about it automatically reeling in or some undocumented "right-click to reel in" feature. At this point, it's just a wonky tether no one seriously uses (but many flippantly use).

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2015, 01:45:17 am »
what if instead of the reeling in aspect, it just pushed them away, like the Minotaur does, but correspondingly less because its a lighter weapon?

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 04:25:56 am »
what if instead of the reeling in aspect, it just pushed them away, like the Minotaur does, but correspondingly less because its a lighter weapon?

Fundamentally, people like to go forward. It helps the shots hit, the fights go faster, and generally there's a sense of progression. This is one of the reasons minotaur is hated, and I'd personally be in favor of fixing the harpoon to be much more dynamic with it's reel in feature if it means breaking/nerfing mino to the ground in the proccess.