Author Topic: HARPOON GUN  (Read 12893 times)

Offline ADMIRAL ANGRY

• Salutes: 2
    • [BCK]
    • View Profile
HARPOON GUN
« on: December 01, 2015, 02:06:50 pm »
this gun seems pretty useless! ive tried it a couple times and i see a rope attached and then a few seconds later it disappears. it doesnt do much. it would be bad ass if it can actually stay attached to the enemy ship and reel them in all the way to unleash your ships firepower. i mean smashing my ship next to theirs and unloading the clips! maybe when the ship gets hit by a harpoon the crew would have to cut the rope?or burn it?  it just seems like its not effective as it should be.
using the galleon, it would be cool to catch those faster ships with a harpoon gun. maybe the gunner would have to reel them in after they shot?

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: HARPOON GUN
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 02:22:38 pm »
Right click reels in. It used to reel in automatically but that was changed. Fixing the harpoon has been suggested many times and you can send an email to feedback@musegames.com

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 02:32:21 pm »
It is useless. Just get over it and not use it.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 05:27:53 pm »
It's true, harpoon is useless. It's a terrible gun and you shouldn't ever use it uses you're flying a joke build for fun. It's the worst gun in the game, and it makes me pretty upset that it's been left in the state it's in. Muse should have taken the gun out o the game until they can fix it.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 05:33:38 pm »
It would be useful if it had a 20 second or longer break time. Then you could hook onto ships and hold them. 6 seconds is not enough. Emailed this suggestion last week.

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 10:30:56 pm »
i think as long as the harpoon gun exists it will only stoke the fires of desire for a boarding mechanic. it seems like every new player that shoots the harpoon gun after a while asks if you can climb the rope and start attacking their ship

as i know the answer is 'no' i don't see it as a worthwhile weapon. i also resent its compete uselessness and its incredibly common appearance in achievements grrrrr

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 05:01:39 am »
I forget... didn't the poon actually hold a ship for like a long time one time?

Once they fix the crappy physics, extending the poon timer (30 secs?) might actually make it viable.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 07:31:00 am »
You are correct, Maxiboi, the Harpoon stayed connected for 2 minutes, I believe. Because people wanted the gun to be (more) useful and not end up flying in directions that don't make sense, because of the Harpoons genius physics, Muse decided to, instead of fixing the physics, add an incredible amount of force to it and decrease the time it stays connected to just a few seconds. It's incredible long reload time comes from, I believe, awkm, who argumented that it is not fun for a ship to be constantly harpooned (but being shot by double Minotaur is, I guess).

Then during the patch that changed the Carronade, Muse forgot all sense in logic and made the gun useless and pointless and never reverted the code to where it actually reeled stuff in, because that is too much effort apparantly.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 06:16:37 pm »
I actually like the current 'solid rope' version. Well, the idea of it anyways, if it had a much longer duration.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 06:20:08 pm »
The current solid rope is not Squid aft harpoon compatible. However, I did manage to harpoon a Fish on a Galleon that flew away from us, tared us and because of the harpoon it dragged us right out of the tar, so I guess it is not all that bad, but it's not my favourite.

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 08:38:54 am »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 11:01:03 am »
Right click reels in.

mind = blown

why the heck would you not want it to reel in?

Offline -Anakin-

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 12:21:47 pm »
Right click reels in.

mind = blown

why the heck would you not want it to reel in?

I would, that's the point. Upon further investigation it appears I have been had, and right click does not reel in :<

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 12:49:32 pm »
I would, that's the point. Upon further investigation it appears I have been had, and right click does not reel in :<

I beg to differ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR6Y7m8zTw8&feature=youtu.be

Offline -Anakin-

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 12:58:28 pm »
I found if I stayed mounted on the gun it reeled automatically - no need to click.