Author Topic: Cogs Tipping Competition Week 6  (Read 33151 times)

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
Cogs Tipping Competition Week 6
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:38:24 pm »
Welcome to our second week of tipping! Where we and find out who's the best tipper in all of GoIO. You'll notice we're a little less punny and we've had a change of name and enforced some stricter posting requirements but other than that the story is the same. Post your tips in the thread. You gain 1 point for each correct tip. You gain .1 every time you correctly tip Match 3's score. At the end of the season the person with the most points wins! Also keep an eye out on the Cogs live stream where you'll see all the statistics drawn from you! If this is your first time, there's plenty of matches for you to catch up (and for the leaders to screw up ;D) so join in the fun!

Tipping posts MUST be set out as follows:

Match 1: [Team]
Match 2: [Team]
Match 3: [Team] [Score]

[Any and all comments should be here.]

The score for match 3 is mandatory as a tiebreaker. Scores for match 1 and 2 are optional. You may opt out of tipping any matches for any reason. I will not edit your picks so think before you press that Post button.

Submissions close Friday 4pm EST. That's 24 hours before Cogs begins.

Time to get tipping! Who will your pick be?

Museosaurs vs Black Flight Squadron
Merry Northern Storm vs Corvus Marauders
The Paddling vs The Gentlemen

Week 5: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,678.0.html
Results Thread: COMING SOON

Offline KillstreaKs

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Cogs Tipping Competition Week 6
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:49:11 am »
Match 1: Black flight squadron.
Match 2: Merry northern storm.
Match 3: The paddling with a score of 5-3.

I'm really intested on how the black flight squadron will pull a victory over the muse team, but i'm definately betting for their victory. And for the paddling vs the gentlemen duel, we at The brood claim for revenge (although last week's match was epic. Very well played,  Gentlemen  :))

Offline Moriarty

• Salutes: 18
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 10:16:24 am »
Match 1: Muse 5-3
Match 2: Merry Northern Storm 5-2
Match 3: Paddling 5-3

After playing with against Muse i think they're finally getting 1.14 ... better late then never. As for the second match its always hard to bet against Lehran. With regards to the third match, lets call that a wish - close enough to be fun but with no real danger of losing.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 01:21:32 pm »
Too early yet.. I'll wait to see which maps are drawn.

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:22:02 am »
Did you say MAPS?!

Museosaurs vs Black Flight Squadron
Northern Fjords

Merry Northern Storm vs Corvus Marauders
Canyon Ambush

The Paddling vs The Gentlemen
???

So as you've probably seen there are a few changes this week that can really change up the tips. One being that the matches are on the test server with the new unreleased patch and the other is the Paddling and Gentlemen are going to be on a surprise map. This is going to be in interesting week of Cogs ladies and gents.

Get your tips in!

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 11:34:36 am »
Hmm, test server, well I am gonna wait even longer to pick (poor puns got punted) till I get my mits on this build, RIP metapyra maybe, mine launcher? New map? I know this will be an interesting week for sure.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 11:35:13 am »
Match 1: Museosaurs
Match 2: Merry Northern Storm
Match 3: Barring a double KO situation, Gentlemen 5-4

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 12:08:48 pm »
So as you've probably seen there are a few changes this week that can really change up the tips. One being that the matches are on the test server with the new unreleased patch

Does this mean the patch is out before this weekends matches?  or just a sleight of hand to put the teams onto that server?

Match 1: Black Flight Squadron
Match 2: Corvus Marauders
Match 3: The Gentlemen 5:3 (bit of a guess as I do think the map will make a difference to this match)

Although it's all a bit pointless until we see how quickly the teams are able to respond to the changes in the patch..  Or to the point, which teams have the most CAs and have already had chance to play on the test server with the new patch?

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 01:39:03 pm »
Match 2: MNS
Match 3: The Gentlemen 5:4

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 02:04:59 pm »
Or to the point, which teams have the most CAs and have already had chance to play on the test server with the new patch?

Unfortunately, I think that's going to be a huge part of this week's games.  It seems a lot of teams were caught unaware and will not only need to practice but spend that time looking for a new effective ship loadouts.  Any teams whose players had earlier access are going to have a HUGE advantage, and I highly doubt they're going to share any information about what ships and weapons are effective for what.  It's just a double whammy, your opponents will have more practice AND you won't be able to get as much practice yourself.  Nasty stuff.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »
Let me get it clear now that CA's and clans/groups have had NO extra time on the test servers. They were just opened up today to everyone who got their information over to Muse, therefore its an even playing field.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 03:48:00 pm »
As Zill said, we have not played on the test servers. Nobody is gaining an advantage here. And in response to PIckle, the patch is not coming out before Cogs.

Match 2: Merry Northern Storm
Match 3: The Paddling 5-3

Offline Veyka

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 04:00:36 pm »
Match 1: Black flight 5:2
Match 2: MNS 5:2
Match 3: Paddling 5:3

Comments:

Match 1: Sorry muse, these guys are top notch
Match 2: As long as the crows don't end up screwed by the roster changes again, they should be able to put on a better showing but I dont think they will be able to overcome the might of MNS
Match 3: Surprise map, maybe a 2v2 DM version of the new map, or maybe these cheeky steamers just don't want to announce it beforehand, who knows, but I can still see the ducks pushing ahead of the gents here.

General things:

Can't wait to see how things are under this new patch :D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:05:23 pm by Veyka »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 04:02:05 pm »
Veyka, we just made identical predictions again. It would be so funny if we were both spot on for the second time running!

Oh yeah, and for your post to be valid, I'm pretty sure all comments must be at the bottom.

Offline Veyka

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 04:04:25 pm »
Veyka, we just made identical predictions again. It would be so funny if we were both spot on for the second time running!

Oh yeah, and for your post to be valid, I'm pretty sure all comments must be at the bottom.

Ill just need to bribe Linen to kick you out for being a CA if that happens! hehe :P

oops, editing!