Author Topic: Guns of Icarus Needs to be 64 Bit  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Legato Bluesummers

• Salutes: 4
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Guns of Icarus Needs to be 64 Bit
« on: November 27, 2015, 10:57:07 pm »
This game needs to be 64 bit for not only Alliance Mode but Skirmish as well. When I played Alliance Mode I have seen my FPS go down to 10 and on average 20 to maybe 40 and that's just not playable. I have seen the performance difference between 32 and 64 bit on the same unity game and the difference is alarming, it's like night and day.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of Icarus Needs to be 64 Bit
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 02:28:38 am »
The best way to communicate with the devs is through their email  feedback@musegames.com.

Despite this, Dev App is for prototypes, you cannot expect everything to be optimised.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of Icarus Needs to be 64 Bit
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 05:26:41 am »
Perhaps ask this at a Friday Fireside? It likely is something that has been considered.

I would guess the reason they haven't is due to compatibility. M$ still releases 32bit Windows and there are probably still 32bit GOIO players. If M$ had completely axed 32bit like they should have back in 7, it might be a different story. Course they are kinda bent over a barrel for the industries that don't want to invest in new hardware. Really there are some stubborn ones. I remember working in places that still used old Pentiums well into the Core era. Then theme park places that used a Core Duo machine as the main server for the entire park. It was so insane to even use it. Would handle inputs about once every 10-20 seconds. This during the Sandy/Ivybridge days.