Author Topic: Dumb Pub Stuff  (Read 11210 times)

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
Dumb Pub Stuff
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:23:48 pm »
Thread dedicated to stupid ideas executed in pub servers that either had an amusing result or worked far better than it had any right to. Or ideas for people to try in order to mix up some of the samey grinds you find travelling lobby to lobby.

While casually pubbing with several members of Clan Clan, we wound up in a 4v4 on Sepulcher. Given my reluctance to drop my double gat rammidion and avoid spending time playing lumberjack whack-a-mole from the back of the map, SteamyNoodle opted to take a heatsink flakfish and shadow me, coupling my strip with his flak to kill our four galleon enemies. Each engagement went very quickly, strip, two heatsink flaks into downed hull, a nasty moonshine ram from yours truly, then the final flak crushing the galleon in record time.

Our two allies served as little more than hwacha sponges for us while we singled out enemy after enemy, consistently wiping the team. Between us we had ~10 of the necessary killing blows to end the match, and the only kills by our allies taking more conventional builds were usually cleaning up a ship that was to go down to our fish-pyra combo within thirty seconds anyway.

Fun match, somewhat absurd, works well if you need to compensate for an inebriated and over-aggressive pyramidion ally.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Dumb Pub Stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:44:48 pm »
Back when the Artemis was more powerful I took a quad  Artemis Pryamidion on dunes. I don't remember what my ally took but I remember it not mattering much because once we got 4 disable rockets hitting a target at the same time there wasn't much return fire. I think the other team saw me go pyramidion and expected me to charge in because they took brawler builds.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:45:02 pm »
You may not have noticed, but when we managed to get 4 full Rydr ships we sometimes casually opened a 4v4, went Spire with only Flaks and killed everybody quicker than they could kill us. Lion gun got nothing on 4 Spires.

I also took a Flakfish in a normal 4v4 and with no coordination got most of the kills, kudos to Xemko for shooting in that match. In hindsight, I think the match was stacked a little bit in our favor, but who knows.

Flaks man.

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:28:28 pm »
You may not have noticed, but when we managed to get 4 full Rydr ships we sometimes casually opened a 4v4, went Spire with only Flaks and killed everybody quicker than they could kill us. Lion gun got nothing on 4 Spires.

I also took a Flakfish in a normal 4v4 and with no coordination got most of the kills, kudos to Xemko for shooting in that match. In hindsight, I think the match was stacked a little bit in our favor, but who knows.

Flaks man.

Saluted for op flakfish.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 07:58:22 pm »
Hwatcha Main Gun, rest Harpoon Spire.

It kinda worked as planned: snare the ship with harpoons and keep them in place while disabling them....except the ships got snared and stuck behind the spire, and sat in a constant tar barrel...

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 02:47:21 am »
Took a 5 flamethrower mobula on Desert Scrap with a full crew of bards,

we just sat there, and when they came towards us, I moonshine rammed them while my crew burned every possession they had.

Was a glorious day

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 04:24:58 am »
is it flakfish story time?  Once I took over a novice flakfish that the captain had abandoned, with Bberry as my co-pilot flying an all-flare junker.  We won.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 05:00:18 am »
Victory, plus a salute, that sounds epic!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 05:12:22 am »
I love pub games with clan and friends!

There was one time...

One of the many reason I bestowed myself the title "most hated pilot" in game...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:23:32 am by The Mann »

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 07:34:24 am »
must have been a challenge to beat a team thats missing 4 players.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 09:27:44 am »
Once after a mine match, I made a comment about a all flare match. 20 minutes later we were up 2-1. People left. I didn't actually want to do it, I just made a comment.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 12:39:58 pm »
The Hades Funhouse was created as a silly thing in a pub. It became one of my favorite builds.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 02:12:47 pm »
I once expiremented with a certain Pyramidion that had a side Flak and a side Mine Launcher on Canyon Ambush. My main engineer, Extirminator, decided not to obey my command to shoot the Mine Launcher when that silly Mobula was in range so I went off the helm to shoot it myself, after 3 mines the Mobula got pushed forwards into us, one more mine destroyed its armor and then I killed it with the inside arming time Flak.

#Pubstuff
#MinesBestCloseRangePiercingGun

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 03:13:03 am »
Trying to tell someone that their guns wouldn't work well together and they reply to you in cussing and smack talk that you decided to go mine junker and blow them into the silence....even though they were on your own team.

Red team kept stealing our kills.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:14:40 am by Letus »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 06:17:27 pm »
Been there.