Author Topic: Mic priority  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Mic priority
« on: November 11, 2015, 03:58:51 pm »
How bout the ability to custom toggle the priority of mics.

On a scale of 1-10 on priority list (just in case you add more voice chats).

You give levels of priority for mic volumes you wanna listen to in the event where some types overlap.

Like friends, clan, crew, team, lobby, spectate, party.

and you can toggle to lower volumes of others while one of higher priority is playing.

and a separate one for in-game. where you can toggle priority for crew, captain, party and clan (not that thats ever used).

Because what tends to occur during lobbies is alot of overlap where you can't understand anyone (also those obnoxious noobs that just wanna be noisy prats for its sake-you know the type).

Naturally you can set things to the same priority so they don't get lowered over other less important stuff.

Like say...

Friends, clannies and crew are top priority to me. So they are 10.

But if team is talking I put them to 5. So when any of the above talk the sound level is 5 notches below in volume.
Lobby is set to 3 thats enemy team and spectators (those who aren't clannies nor friends whom I set to high priority).

So when lobby speaks over team which is current top priority (so max volume unless higher priority plays). It booms 2 notches below team. And when Priority 10 plays its 7 notches below friends and crew. But team is still louder.

That or just mute them when a priority is sounding. Thinking of a tick box for temp mute or lower volume settings.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Mic priority
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 06:18:27 pm »
+1, I like it. Too bad it will probably never happen.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 01:21:21 pm »
+1, I like it. Too bad it will probably never happen.

So did Howard but in the end I got the impression that he went with "its too hard."

And it would require alot of debug and proper balancing.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 04:03:11 pm »
I suspect that Muse is using a 3rd party utility for mic chat, and that third party utility doesn't allow volume control for different users.