Author Topic: Major Trolls  (Read 8970 times)

Offline Lasirah

• Salutes: 0
    • [ID]
    • View Profile
Major Trolls
« on: November 09, 2015, 03:20:19 am »
We were stuck in a match for almost an hour. There are two players that keep circling the map and staying completely away from us. We can not shoot at anyone we can not just keep chasing them. They are running the timer and are trying to force the surrender. They are laughing and cutting up in chat. This just made the game a horrible experience. Here are the game tags. Hope something is done about it. Just warning the community. Watch out for these players.

ThePirateBay and Conal Keaney

This game just sucked.
Please add a timer.

thanks

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Major Trolls
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:48:06 am »
Double posting...mod if you'd kindly.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 04:49:47 am »
I can understand double posts after some time, I can understand how shit like that can piss you off, but I see not excuse for making three post consecutively...

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 08:26:49 am »
Make sure you report in game, as well.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 09:47:25 am »
If this happens just surrender. Unless you're in fast ships and constantly burn engines you won't catch up. Use the report feature in game or email feedback@musegames.com. The forums are for players and spamming doesn't help.

About the timer. Pub matches can last an extraordinary amount of time due to lack of aggression and poor weapon use. A timer wouldn't help your situation unless you really wanted to chase them for 30 minutes. Just surrender or leave and report them.

Offline Admiral Obvious

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 09:57:52 am »
Hello Lasirah,

I am sorry for the trouble you experienced in game, rest assured the Moderators of Guns Of Icarus Online are always willing to lend a hand to players in need. While this post is not proof of any misconduct, we  keep an eye out for this type of behaviour and review any and all reports sent in. Should you find yourself in this situation again, please report the player's in question, and contact a moderator in game. You can find a list of online moderators in the community tab under "meet our community ambassadors".

Thank you,
Admiral Obvious

Offline Clockeye

• Salutes: 2
    • [@]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 07:03:54 pm »
Yeah, had the similiar experience, but with other guy.
In my case although, we've managed to snipe their engines and.... you know the rest.
But I for sure can see how annoying that is.
there's no way for trolls. Just reporting.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 08:46:17 pm »
That's why we need timer on games.
(also that's why people crewform together and rather to play with friends than with randoms, but shhhh)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 12:51:56 am »
Oh those guys.

Funny thing is. They never have the crew to troll skbo style. So if you just have a crew of middle tiers with basic training can easily out fly them. They aren't very good.

e.g. they fly a squid? Fly a hwacha fish to screw them up and take advantage of their highly likely noob crew to be slow to recover from a solid volley.

That being said. VIP definitely felt rushed and unfinished. Much of its flaws likely flagged up by players before the release. That or they had some invisible deadline to reach and just released an alpha state of the mode. Because its definitely not a beta yet (and yet they made it one). So lacking in polish that of course players are now demanding fundamental changes of the mode as to not even be recognisable to what it currently is.

I remembered vet players first making up the mode. It did not follow the rules of this version at all.