Author Topic: Buff Hammer Evolves into...  (Read 5622 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Buff Hammer Evolves into...
« on: October 28, 2015, 10:22:52 pm »
So I was just thinking. About all the times noobs bring a buff hammer when they should bring a mallet or when they completely mix up a build and bring something even more horrific. Not knowing what the buff hammer does.

Then it occurred to me...why is it even a hammer?

Sure beating something till it goes faster sounds fun but it's rather silly to think one hammer has the ability to improve speed, firepower, and durability. So then I thought...why don't we have a ratchet? Something that makes a bit more sense for fine tuning a machine.

I'm guessing it was easier for the devs to just keep the tool swinging hammer motion so going with a hammer of some kind makes sense. That's fine and all.

But still, ratchet. Even if it's being used to beat a powder monkey's skull in...makes more sense. Maybe its about time we had more animations. A ratchet animation could possibly be doubled for the wrench and spanner.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Buff Hammer Evolves into...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 10:29:16 pm »
Or a grease gun.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 11:40:54 pm »
True that would work and the animation would be simple. Probably just use the Chem spray animation.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 05:29:18 pm »
And imagine the innuendo!

Offline Mannson

• Salutes: 7
    • [DIKC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 12:31:12 am »
I support the grease gun evolution just because.. I could grease up a gun loaded with greased ammunition.

It'd be so slick gunner can't handle it!

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 09:43:27 pm »
The buff hammer is actually a pretty old relic functionally. It used to be an actual buffer that you would hold down the mouse to use and it would build up over time. There were a couple networking and user experience bugs that weren't trivial to work out, so it didn't make the launch timeframe.