Author Topic: Please make rematch the default option  (Read 22616 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Please make rematch the default option
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 07:19:29 am »

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 07:40:17 am »
I'd prefer the option be listed as 'rematch with team scramble'. It is probably the compromise we are most likely to get if we ask Muse to change this. We probably aren't going to get rematch be the default because matchmaker. Matchmaker performs best with a large number of players in the crew, having teams not rematch puts them in the queue which increases the population of the queue. This wasn't an accident but a design decision. Same with not reforming stacks afterwards, matchmaker will do better (better here not meaning more fun, but more balanced lobbies) if everyone was dumped individually into the queue and no one formed up. Ships was basically a compromise between the statistical 'ideal' (dump everyone back in on their own) and just having stacks stay together by default. I don't think this works very well as when I want to fly with a particular copilot or team we just regroup every time we are put in to matchmaker. No idea if it actually has any substantial impact on matchmakers performance though.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 09:22:21 am »
+1 to rematch as default! (Will.send the.email too later.)

I emailed them my concerns about this the day it was patched in, the work rematch is wrong because most people.dont realise the rematch scrambles teams, among other reasons why people don't vote..

To Muse: Think about the benefits to queue time too, a full lobby will never be emptied and people put in the queue, match maker complaints would drop dramatically!

If their is to be a vote, I propose a vote to return to crew formation, so people who want to play with their team without scramble can, but otherwise lobby stays open.

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 10:11:13 am »
There is no need for all of us to send detailed feedback regarding this. Just include the link to this thread so Muse is aware that a significant amount of players support this change. If "Return to Matchmaker", instead of rematch, requires voting; it will be nice to hide the names of those who have voted.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2015, 05:06:46 am »
Silly zanc, a link wont get muse to check forum feedback, you have to email them. Why would a dev ever check their forums for feedback?!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2015, 05:34:46 am »
There is no need for all of us to send detailed feedback regarding this.

I agree with this.

There is no need for most of you to send a long boring email such as the one posted previously on this thread.

Despite most of you wanting rematch as a default option. What about those who do not want to rematch?

Think about both sides of the story. I would not want a forced rematch to face the same people over and over gain.

Would it not get repetitive?

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 06:10:57 am »
Why not just go back to the old days where you could vote for both sides? The only problem with that was you didnt know which one was winning until after the returning to lobby timer was out and who was voting for that matter. And that Rematch scrambled teams even though novices didnt know this and voted crew form only to get matched with the same people again if the population's low enough - which still is a recurring problem with the current matchmaking and Rematch button.

Offline GrimlockWarlock

• Salutes: 2
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 10:32:08 am »
Agreed. We need to make this happen :) . We can make this happen !

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 10:51:43 pm »
I agree. I miss the vote because I am urinating. I also miss the vote because I alt-tab. Sometimes I miss the vote because I am lazy. It should be default.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 02:57:36 pm »
I received emails back from Muse. They're pasted below for anybody curious. From Mikko/Ayetach:

Hello Jamison,

Thanks so much for your thoughts! It has certainly sparked some discussion about how we can improve this so we appreciate you coming forward with these interesting ideas. We’ll definitely consider ideas on how we can improve this in the future.

Clear skies

And from Howard/Bubbles:

Hi Jamison! 
Thanks so much for writing us and articulating the issue really clearly.  Much appreciated. 

With rematch, there are a number of factors that we've been considering that guided the implementation.  With rematch, we do have to look at both perspectives (meaning from both the winning and losing sides).  As you may remember, we did have rematch default checked at one time, but we also had complaints that way.  So we moved to more opting in, but reducing the votes required to rematch to just a simple majority (>50%). 
With rematch, we've also made it constant (with vote) at the expense of maximizing player pool for matchmaker. 

Having both options for rematch with and without scramble is also something we've done before, but we had complaints about that being too cumbersome and granular (and therefore confusing).  So we decided to simplify it this way. 

The first thing that we want to do is to see how you guys like the new UI.  It'll be in dev app to test as soon as some of the backend data are hooked up so that all the functionality and new stats are working.  That should be an improvement over the current checkbox UI, which can be confusing and unnoticeable.  With default opting in or out of rematch, the implementation for us is easy, but the decision to make isn't as easy.  But hopefully with better visibility reminder, we can improve the participation in "voting" and opting into rematch.  Let's at least start at the interface level, which isn't very satisfactory right now, and we can test further. 

Thanks again, Howard

So now we just keep our fingers crossed...  :D

Offline FranckM

• Salutes: 2
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 04:25:41 pm »
I sent the email but I added a link to this forums to allow them to see the other dedicated players of Guns Of Icarus here.

Offline Coiler

• Salutes: 10
    • [B&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 07:45:22 pm »
With they way the end screen bugs out for the crew of the ship that gets killed last -and thus doesnt get the voting screen- rematch really should be mandatory.

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 07:54:13 pm »
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't want auto-rematch.. But when population is very low like now it may as well since your likely to end up with similar teams anyway..

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 08:18:45 pm »
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't want auto-rematch.. But when population is very low like now it may as well since your likely to end up with similar teams anyway..
Doesn't shuffle still exist too?

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 10:37:03 pm »
Being rematched into a lobby with the same people doesn't activate scramble as far as I am aware, since it would technically be a new lobby.