Author Topic: New chat channel - global  (Read 12085 times)

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
New chat channel - global
« on: February 23, 2013, 10:21:11 am »
With the sudden boom of new/more active players, the lobby's chat was being spammed with game advertisements, game discussion and general spam spam.

I suggest a new lobby/chat channel for global/international and your local game. Maybe use tabs?

Offline MattyK

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New chat channel - global
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 11:58:10 am »
Considering this is about the depth of conversation in the current Global chat thanks to an amalgamation of bored players;

Yes Please.

Also, I think Rising Ruin's Squid, the Harlem Shake, pissed off more than a few players with its Flame-and-Flight strategy.

Offline Jonax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 12:00:26 pm »

Yes the spam is just lagging the hell out of the menu screen.  ::)

My friend and I could not even get into a practise macth because the counter would not go lower than 3 sec. becouse of the lagg  >:(

Offline MattyK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 12:04:39 pm »
Well one of the Devs/Admins (Or lets just say "Yellow Texters" as I really don't know at the moment) actually said that the Chat runs on a different thread and that the servers were suffering from a sheer volume of players trying to access the server on its "Launch Day".

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 12:10:10 pm »
Part of the problem is we're short a channel..

Crew
Team
Match  <--- this is the missing one
Global

With a Match channel we wouldn't get the pre-match green room discussions in Global, the "GG" comments wouldn't be in Global, everything should be a lot quieter and tidier.

Offline Solari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 12:23:18 pm »
I just started this game for the first time and so far have been unable to play at all. People started spamming the chat and seemingly made it to lag insanely.
But what made the  worst impression on me is a total absence of tools to deal with this problem. I can't disable the global chat. I can't even block the spammers. Their names just turn grey(really?). I don't understand why is there such a thing as a global chat if there are no means to moderate or control it?
I sincerely hope something can be done about it.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 12:34:24 pm »
Well one of the Devs/Admins (Or lets just say "Yellow Texters" as I really don't know at the moment) actually said that the Chat runs on a different thread and that the servers were suffering from a sheer volume of players trying to access the server on its "Launch Day".

People with yellow text are Community Ambassadors. People with orange text are developers.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 12:45:30 pm »
Part of the problem is we're short a channel..

Crew
Team
Match  <--- this is the missing one
Global

With a Match channel we wouldn't get the pre-match green room discussions in Global, the "GG" comments wouldn't be in Global, everything should be a lot quieter and tidier.

This is exactly what I was trying to say. Well said.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 12:55:05 pm »
Muse implemented a "match" channel at one point, but they chose to replace the regional channel with it completely (this was before the regional channel got a bit silly). This led to everybody wanting the regional channel back. I think it would be great if they could bring it back alongside the regional one.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 07:55:43 pm »
As far as I understood they are working on better chat solutions :)