Author Topic: Is it worth getting in to the game right now?  (Read 7838 times)

Offline sgt-bumtroll

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
Is it worth getting in to the game right now?
« on: November 01, 2015, 01:32:07 am »
I've had GoI sitting in my steam inventory uninstalled for a few months now and I finally remembered I have it and I want to start playing.

However quite a lot of people are saying that the game is awful or 'not the same anymore'. I've also noticed that there is virtually nobody playing it - or at least in Asian servers the maximum one can ever see is just over 200.

So, is that all pessimism and there's really a good game to be had, or is it really not worth my time?

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth getting in to the game right now?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 02:32:01 am »
Its better in some ways, worse in others. Overall it's been on the up and up. I'd say it's in a better state than it has been since the matchmaking patch. Just know that Sundays and Mondays are usually pretty bad for player numbers.

It really depends on your point of view and if you are a Pyramidion pilot. If you love Pyramidions, might want to learn to fly something else.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 05:27:16 am »
It's mostly about who you play with. If you have friends or find good players who communicate then it'll be a blast.

There are rarely any Asian servers and you won't fill a lobby with one.

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 06:18:37 am »
It depends on what you expect; I'm still having a lot of fun about one year later. The game itself has a lot of depth and variety to discuss tactics, builds and strategy. It became more fun for me when I found friends in-game who like to talk about and try different ships and weapons. I also happen to be an Asian player with months of competitive experience, and can assure that 200-400ms ping is definitely playable.

All in all, it's a teamwork and strategy game - everyone is in charge of something (i.e. repairing, shooting, and oftentimes both). Not everyone will enjoy that type of gameplay, but it's definitely worth a shot if you do.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 02:30:11 pm »
It is still probably the best crafted Indie game available on the Market. The top indie game list in my opinion goes:

#1. Guns of Icarus
#2. Depth
#3. Insurgency
#4. Rust

Right now the newest and best main steam game is Fallout 4.
Right now the newest and worst main stream game is Black Ops III.

Black Ops I was great, but they turned it into Halo with Black Ops II. The Modern Warfares were great they also turned that franchise into... Halo with Advanced Warfare... What is going on?

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 03:25:09 pm »
This is still my favorite game.  It's not a huge game, but 200 is a pretty standard amount for a non-sale time.  When it's on sale, sometimes there will be upwards of 1000 people on, but most of them don't stick around.  But the low population means a small, close-knit community amongst those of us who play regularly.  If you can find cool people to play with, you'll have a great time.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 10:58:03 am »
Yes it totally is worth it.

And:
The Modern Warfares were great they also turned that franchise into... Halo with Advanced Warfare... What is going on?

It's nothing at all like Halo, what are you talking about?

AW was the best CoD in a long time.

MW2/3 and BLOPs are still the best, though.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 06:32:02 pm »
It is still probably the best crafted Indie game available on the Market.

the best crafted Indie game available on the Market.

the best crafted Indie game

Super Meat Boy? Shovel Knight? Hotline Miami? Brah, do you even indie? SHOW SOME RESPECT, BRAH!

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 08:49:44 pm »
you already posted this on the steam forum, what is the purpose of reposting this?