Author Topic: Fun Builds  (Read 16614 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Fun Builds
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:40:45 pm »
What are some fun, silly, different, but still functional builds you take, rather than the meta?

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Builds
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 02:13:58 pm »
Well, I have a few I have named and use from time to time. here are two:

Nautilus MK1 F - A Mine-launcher - Flamethrower Pyramidion with a Gatling and Mortar on the side for usefulness

Woof Woof - a form of squid with two barking dogs and a mortar on back - pop balloons, runaway, crush n' mortar them the ground - lots of fun, rarely works...

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 03:06:17 pm »
The stealth fire mobula as Sammy calls it: top buffed greased mortar, bottom left greased mortar, bottom right incendiary carronade. Banshee left and flare right for support.
The idea is to have all engines and balloon buffed before combat. Every gun on the ship starts fires and mortars do enough damage to break components, armor, and wear down balloon.

Now that Minotaurs are a real thing I've been loving minotaur spire. Artemis-flare top and taur-banshee bottom. Spanner mallet buff heavy clip for minotaur and wrench buff greased for banshee. A buffed minotaur does 216 armor damage and can 1 shot any component. It's especially effective against fish who have weak armor and a long profile.

For the real minotaur fetish there's the taur galleon with Lflak-taur-taur taur-Hcarro. It's especially effective against galleons. Front engi buffs top deck and has wrench buff ext heavy clip. Rear engi spanner mallet buff loads and buffs bottom. Top engi has burst light flak. Right side taur is not preloaded with heavy. 4 buffed minotaur shots breaks a galleon's armor and you have 6. They'll get bumped around and disabled with armor broken every clip.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:09:44 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 04:15:50 pm »
Lower the Boom

A junker with the bottom deck with mines, and the top with mortars. Fore gun is a banshee.

Surprisingly effective, provided your crew are good shoots. It would be more effective if I was good at piloting a junker.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 05:59:27 pm »
Junker or Mobula with triple carronades, the sound it makes is just great.

Double Hades + Heavy Flak spire, have both left side guns as Hades and fly very slightly turned to that side. Its amazing how quickly someone can disappear at 1000m if your gunners are on target. I usually have a Minelauncher on the right to avoid being totally charge vulnerable.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 06:03:43 pm »
Me, insilico, and some Bards took a 5 flamethrower mobula on Desert Scrap earlier. Was hot!  8)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 06:07:47 pm by The Mann »

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 05:22:42 am »
My clan has a few fun builds; triple carronade mobula with incendiary ammo, munkers, and triple banshee mobulas with wing heatsink flares.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 07:59:22 am »
I've been on two surprisingly effective fun builds, and for the life of me I cannot remember who else was on them.

The first was a spire with three mines and a H. Flak, guy called it the Sepuku. Ram+H.Flak, we actually didn't die on the ram kill, though I'm pretty sure that was blind luck.

The other was a Flakfish with the two side guns as mines. Good allies made it even more effective.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 01:31:12 pm »
The official Bard meta is 2 double merc pyras. Plink your enemies to death

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 01:37:38 pm »

Front: Mercury x2
Sides: L.Flak x2

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 08:24:49 pm »

Double merc pyra is also one of the ram builds. :)
Gat carro too...

As for fun builds I use..
Mines.. They're fun.
El Muid with mines (side carro if I only have one mine gunner)
Mine Fish, h-carro front, side mine, may try this with a minotaur too..

Mine Pyra, either double front mine, triple mine or mine carro or mine Gatling...

However I've hardly touched pyra because Squid is too much fun.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 09:04:43 pm »
I'm just gonna say it...I miss Hadesmidions. Sad with the Pyra sucking donkey poo right now. Always loved the chaos and terror the Hadesmidion brought. Dual hades ripping into ships, spreading fire everywhere, armor could never stay up and the Hades delivering decent enough crack to the hull to keep crews in a panic.

No way in heck I'd take one now.

Offline ApocalypseToast

• Salutes: 2
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 08:51:35 pm »
A mobula with four flamethrowers and a harpoon launcher on the top deck is great fun but only when playing against novices- facing experienced players with this is pretty much a death wish :P

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 10:25:20 pm »
pyramidion 1 2 3 4
mine flamer banshee flare
Main engineer using the banshee is important. Pilot should bring tar instead of hydrogen as being below the enemy is somewhat advantageous and height advantage is irrelevant with mines.

pyramidion 1 2 3 4
carro art art hades (fly it sideways like a junker and use the aft hades, as a bonus it's a regular carrot pyra so is good for ramming upclose with the gunner moving from hades to carronade if needed)

squid  1 2 3
hades banshee harpoon
harpoon + hydrogen and reverse allows you to get distance from the enemy quickly and escape close combat - this actually works ask Dementio Daniel if you don't believe me

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:28:33 pm by GeoRmr »

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 10:26:46 pm »
this actually works ask Dementio Daniel if you don't believe me

As long as the harpoon actually reels in, but it may still work with the current one combined with the Squid's incredible acceleration.