Author Topic: OE vs. Muse  (Read 7581 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
OE vs. Muse
« on: April 20, 2013, 08:07:52 pm »
Looks like the Ducks and Paradox Occasionally Effective pulled off a victory against Muse, from what I can gather. Congrats to them!

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: OE vs. Muse
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 08:09:26 pm »
I will end you :P

To be serious though it was an amazing match, maybe we did use too many ducks but it was the easiest and quickest way to get crew. I couldn't really cherry pick as I was doing final exams at uni at the time :P
Thanks to everyone who crewed with us :D

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:17:16 pm by Qwertyjam »

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 08:12:16 pm »
I will end you :P

To be serious though it was an amazing match, maybe we did use too many ducks but it was the easiest and quickest way to get crew guarantee a win. I could really cherry pick as I was doing final exams at uni at the time :P
Thanks to everyone who crewed with us :D

Fixed that for you!

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 08:17:38 pm »
I refuse to lose to Muse :P

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 08:53:59 pm »
I refuse to lose to Muse :P

Read that out loud, it sounds funny :P

By the way, I've seen Swallow say "I will end you" twice, and now you've said it. I vote that it becomes OE's official slogan.

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 08:56:42 pm »
I should explain: Qwerty really couldn't cherrypick, he's busy with things that barely matter. I was the one that approached Squash and asked to borrow some ducks, Qwerty just followed suit. I sort of assumed he was going to ask a few of the MNS or Gentlemen players instead.

That said: It turned out alright... And let's be honest, we're not particularly good pilots. I flew a galleon in three maps without carrying a claw. You may be right: Having the ducks do all the hard work for us was probably the only way we could win against Muse. For all the crap we give them: They're still at a competitive level.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 03:20:36 am »
Thanks to both muse, and everyone else on the OE side for 3 fantastic games. Also, thanks swallow for the invitation to play, I had a blast! Those 3 on 3 (unranked) matches both against, and with well(ish, on our part) organised teams were a lot of fun to play. They really felt like intense fleet battles, with smaller brawler ships buzzing around whilst galleon capital ships provided the backbone bombardment.

I don't know if qwerty captured it in the stream, but the moment we came upon the Muse fleet in the third match, behind that mountain, they unleashed hell on the lead ship. It was really cool sight, and made us all second guess our play. I have no idea how that pyramidion avoided just getting obliterated outright. It was a metric shit ton of incoming damage.

The wins weren't even guaranteed! We had to fight for every single one of them. It was tough! Muse. You're getting better. Teams in the cogs, you've been warned.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:22:28 am by Morblitz »