Author Topic: Carols of Icarus  (Read 6456 times)

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
Carols of Icarus
« on: October 22, 2015, 04:01:08 pm »
Heya creative people! Breaking news coming out of where you least expect it! (Not that place, filthy minded people!) Us guys in The Pit have devised all the puns and rhymes we can to assemble what has been dubbed Carols of Icarus! It would be awesome if you could check out our thread here for carol ideas and to see what we have compiled already!

This thread is also where I will be posting this special form! The official submission form for Carols!

For you artists out there! It would be amazing if you guys could create a dapper looking album cover for us, I want this to be a fully community created album to sell around xmas time, we get to have fun making it and listening to tunes while raising money for good causes! We can have a vote nearer the project release date to decide where the money should go!

As for the actual performing, I think there will be 3 options. Solo performance, Group performance and Choir performance. Solo performances will be someone performing a song on their own and later submitting it to me, group performance you guys should submit it to me where I can add it to the album, choir performance I will grab a bunch of us in a teamspeak server to sing as a huge group and have a fun time - it may not sound amazing but it will be excellent fun to make and listen back to! As for backing music to dodge copyright stuff and to maybe make it fit better with some of our "weaker" lines I would like it to be created by our resident DJ's!

I hope I'm not too informal to perk your interests, but I'm just a humble Pit-dweller - my typical post is off topic and consists of anywhere between 1 and 2 lines - so be happy with this!

I hope I get a good few carols, I am looking for somewhere between 12 and 24 carols for the final release!
Thanks for the time all, let's make an album!
-Hunter.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:20:25 pm by Hunter. »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Carols of Icarus
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 02:12:35 pm »
Should those of us who posted in the Pit use the posted "official submission form"?

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 02:49:55 pm »
Should those of us who posted in the Pit use the posted "official submission form"?

Yes please! I should have mentioned - there are a few extra details I've put on the form which will be nice to know and it will give you time to put forward "final drafts". When it comes to the "performing" stage we can do final adjustments I guess!

EDIT: The original "12 days" song has already been put through the system!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 04:54:53 pm »
I Just submitted all of mine through the system, though the system will not have the italic for female lyrics now, which may make it a bit confusing, simply refer to the original in the pit if you need to format it, or poke me with a stick and ask. :)

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 07:21:18 pm »
Will do, I'm gonna ask everyone to "direct" their songs when they are performed - so you can handle that! Decided the closing date will be November 15th for submissions. Gives us a month to actually perform, however submissions are pubic to see so feel free to work on backing tracks or if it's a solo or group performance get working on your tracks. I'm willing to accept MP3's any time!

(Also, still looking forward to some nice artwork!)