Author Topic: stuff about the game  (Read 8848 times)

Offline Friday Blues

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
stuff about the game
« on: October 17, 2015, 11:36:49 pm »
Just a question guys, ho do you feel  making dev team writing positive reviens for you and making peaople work for you for free ? donb't you feel as cheaters ? do you really want bad advertising ? be careful about what your dev team write and about  how much time your fan base is spending making you money, cause I will. Good luck.

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
Re: stuff about the game
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 12:16:09 am »
Personally, I am really happy with the devs. Their PR guys work wonders and each member is a pleasure to talk to and is really open about feedback. I just wish they could give some more love to skirmish.. but Alliance and stuff :c

As for "making us write" positive reviews, it was just asking us all to write reviews; The positive part came naturally. People working for nothing is called Volunteering and Internship, it happens around the world!

EDIT: Would also like to mention that even though I do not intend to buy Alliance on launch as I have other games lined up for my limited budget, I will get it eventually!

Offline Zabinzu

• [ϟ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 01:32:56 am »
@Friday Blues If I am understanding your post correctly, and that your implying that the dev team has in any way forced anyone to write positive review then your clearly mistaken. The dev team has only asked for those who have not given a review to share their thoughts on the game, positive and negative. I personally have given my review for Guns of Icarus Online a long time ago, and it was positive not because I was asked, but because I sincerely believed that the game was great.

If anyone has been cheated its Muse for not being recognized enough for all the quality work they strive to give to their customers.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 05:12:26 am »
It hurts my brain to read grammar this bad.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 05:25:04 am »
Im not understood

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 08:32:21 am »
In no way have the devs forced anyone to write reviews, your claims here, and on Steam forums are very badly placed. Also the developers have of course written reviews for their game, keeping in mind half the devs who have written reviews for GoIo were players before they were developers.
You clearly have frustrations but taking them out on the good guys is pointless.

Offline SteamyNoodle

• Salutes: 17
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 09:33:18 am »
Has anyone really been so far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 10:10:31 am »
Volunteering isn't forced free labor. I recommend not worrying about us and go somewhere else.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 10:15:32 am by BlackenedPies »

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 10:29:16 am »
If you think working on behalf of Muse Games for free is a bad thing. I would disagree.

I love being a Community Ambassador, I teach new players and I help out players daily with issues queries and more.

I did not volunteer to be a community ambassador to be paid or to gain something. I volunteered to be a community ambassador so that I can give something back to the community I have been apart of for over a year and a half.

I personally would call it a privilege  8)

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 11:16:06 am »
Liar mann! We all know that we signed up for this because of the yellow name! ;)

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 12:30:10 am »
Hi, Friday Blues.  I believe this has already been addressed on Steam, but I wanted to weigh in here, as well as post for posterity.  I am an intern for Muse.  What that means is, May 2014, I started enjoying this game as a player.  I fell in love with the game and community, and wanted to do more - and I was accepted as a Community Ambassador that October (which is essentially a teacher/helper role - CAs are distinguished players that have the ability to go into novice matches), and a few months later, I became part of the dev team.  personally, I typically try not to refer to myself as a developer because, while I am a part of the team and have all the bells and whistles that go along with the package, I'm essentially doing the same thing I've always done as a player, just in a different way (bug reporting, providing feedback, and providing community support).  I do have a review up on Steam - originally written before I became a part of the team, and edited after, all of my own accord.  When you strip away all the fancy stuff, I am still just a player that loves this game and its community and does all she can for it.
What I'm about to say goes for all of the interns: we are volunteers.  Muse isn't paying us or providing incentive for us to do what we do, nor are they forcing us.  What we do is a labor of love, and if we have a review, it is our own thoughts - just like any other player's.  Muse is currently requesting and reminding players provide a review of the game, but there is no incentive or pressure to do so.  The playerbase can do as they will.

I hope this makes things a bit more clear; let us know if you have any questions or if we can assist you otherwise.