Author Topic: Please No More Webcams  (Read 16775 times)

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Please No More Webcams
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 10:37:45 pm »
Perhaps no constant webcam? During lull times in games when y'all talk strategy it was nice seeing the two bodies. However during fire fights it was a off putting simply because there I am looking at massive ariships flying around but in the peripheral I see two heads even bigger than the ships!

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 11:11:16 pm »
To be honest, the little camo lines dividing the stream look like ass too.  GoI's spectator UI looks so pretty and clean and minimalistic so it's kind of a shame there's all these unnecessary dividers everywhere clashing with it.  Would look better with just the OE logo in the bottom right.  Dunno if a webcam during lulls in the action would help, we'd get a glimpse of them being bored as well.  Nothing is more boring than watching someone else who's just as bored.  Maybe it'd be worth trying if someone is willing to break out a ball and paddle or something.

The webcams were a nice addition during the OE versus Muse matches, though.  The new matchup screens look cool as hell too, could we get a big version of each matchup before each match?  Maybe have both teams' logos and their names underneath with a nice gilded VERSUS in the middle right when we hit the connection screen.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 11:15:39 pm by Helmic »

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 08:45:46 am »
Also what happened to going through the builds of each sides ships quickly before each match? :P

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 09:12:41 am »
Also what happened to going through the builds of each sides ships quickly before each match? :P

yea i'd like that too

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 10:35:01 am »

Not going through the builds of the ship gives them some conversation material when the match starts.  Sometimes there's shooting right away - sometimes there's a lot of careful manouvring before any action.

It's good that they can just switch from ship to ship going, "Oh and it seems like this captain and his crew have decided to take a gatling today with two mercs on the side let's go look at the Galleon" etc etc

I like the fact it gives them something to talk about before something hits the fan;- but I don't know if that's the motive.

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 10:40:40 am »

Not going through the builds of the ship gives them some conversation material when the match starts.  Sometimes there's shooting right away - sometimes there's a lot of careful manouvring before any action.

It's good that they can just switch from ship to ship going, "Oh and it seems like this captain and his crew have decided to take a gatling today with two mercs on the side let's go look at the Galleon" etc etc

I like the fact it gives them something to talk about before something hits the fan;- but I don't know if that's the motive.

I suppose, but they could just give you the facts, or at least show each ships blueprint before the match, and talk about it once its started.

They shouldn't let fluff get in the way of the core, and not knowing what each ship is running can make it less enjoyable to watch, for me anyway.

As far as the webcams go, good for pre stuff, and maybe some chatting, but I would much rather not have them on when the match is ongoing. It blocks a large lump of the UI, including lots of indicators for part health etc as well as the distraction thing.

It would be ok if they say had both the webcam views to one side, so it wasn't obstructing any of the game, but I am not sure if thats doable from a technical standpoint.

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 12:37:18 pm »

There's this, and the fact that the teams are allowed to switch their builds up until the countdown ends. The earliest point we can talk about their builds for certain is in-game. So that's when we do it.