Author Topic: "What's wrong with the Pyramidion? What's wrong with the Hwacha?" - Awkm  (Read 67555 times)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: "What's wrong with the Pyramidion? What's wrong with the Hwacha?" - Awkm
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2015, 02:21:01 pm »
Tilting the front guns may not fix too much, the Mobula has tilted guns too. What it would do is making Mercury a pain to use.

Maybe we can make the Pyramidion actually use its side guns, because why does it have them.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2015, 03:55:58 pm »
I stand corrected, if that is correct. I have thought about splaying the front guns on the pyra a bit, and swinging the front lower deck gun forward a bit.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2015, 09:12:10 pm »
Tilting the front guns may not fix too much, the Mobula has tilted guns too. What it would do is making Mercury a pain to use.

Maybe we can make the Pyramidion actually use its side guns, because why does it have them.

to encourage that you would need to tilt the main deck side gun to be by default turned 10-45 degrees towards the front to encourage trifecta.

That will certainly encourage side gun use. It won't be balanced but it gets what you want.

In fact... remove the engine side gun entirely. With a nerf like that it'd justify a pyra buff.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:15:08 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2015, 08:02:29 am »
In fact... remove the engine side gun entirely. With a nerf like that it'd justify a pyra buff.

I am biased against this, because it will kill two out of my three Pyramidion loadouts.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2015, 08:34:29 am »
I have pondered how moving one of the lower deck guns to the right side would play out along with splaying the front guns a bit. Flip the entire stairs and mount section to the right side.

I have actually been lightly asking about the possibilities of alternate gun placements/angles on all ships. This would create new 'ships' to choose from. Pyramidian, Pyramidian A, Pyramidian B, etc. Or give each a unique name, like 'Sphynx' and 'Phyraoh'.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2015, 10:05:24 am »
Quote from: Richard LeMoon
i have actually been lightly asking about the possibilities of alternate gun placements/angles on all ships. This would create new 'ships' to choose from. Pyramidian, Pyramidian A, Pyramidian B, etc. Or give each a unique name, like 'Sphynx' and 'Phyraoh'.

I'd be strongly opposed to this, as it would really change my ability to instantly recognize my enemies capabilities from across the map. I don't want to have to remember not only the weapon set but ALSO the chosen gun placement on each enemy ship -- especially if the enemy has multiple of the SAME ship wiith differing gun combinations AND gun positions.

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2015, 06:10:26 am »
I'd be strongly opposed to this, as it would really change my ability to instantly recognize my enemies capabilities from across the map. I don't want to have to remember not only the weapon set but ALSO the chosen gun placement on each enemy ship -- especially if the enemy has multiple of the SAME ship wiith differing gun combinations AND gun positions.

Little problem. In serious matches you have to memorize loadouts of every ship in the lobby anyway. And in less serious matches it's not important.
But then, some lobby notifications every time there's a little ship / loadout change would be nice.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2015, 08:24:05 am »
That's my point: I have to memorize loadouts already. Don't give me more stuff to memorize -- especially stuff like gun angles, which is hard to check mid-game. At least I can get visual confirmation of whether that front gun is a Merc or not if I forget....but noticing that an Artemis has a 20% difference to its arc is much harder.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2015, 10:36:53 am »
I think a simple stat adjustment is what's needed. I agree with the other suggestions for a top speed increase. The thing needs to live up to its design conception of a charging rhino. I think the flaw all along was giving it a "tank" design as well, and now that it's gone all it needs back is the top speed. It should be cruising around at top speed, like a bull shark, always looking to slam into it's opponent.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2015, 11:42:14 am »
The problem is its acceleration is 2.25 m/s^2! More speed won't help because most of the time when brawling you're not at full speed. Yes it needs speed and IS faster than everything except what it outguns (fish+squid), but that doesn't help in brawling because it's too damn slow. More speed would be nice but it doesn't fix the fact that acceleration is 2.25!!

It doesn't need any model rework and I doubt Muse wants to spend that time and effort possibly creating bugs and such. Give it a real acceleration because right now spire has DOUBLE the acceleration of pyra.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2015, 03:31:19 pm »
What if we made it a bit tankier, heavily buffed its acceleration (or gave it rapid acceleration to a certain speed, then had it fall off, so the Pyra would excel at close range repeated rams), and reduced its ability to reverse and accelerate backwards?

The result would be a very bull-headed ship with a much weakened ability to adjust to an attack gone wrong.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2015, 04:55:09 pm »
What if we made it a bit tankier, heavily buffed its acceleration (or gave it rapid acceleration to a certain speed, then had it fall off, so the Pyra would excel at close range repeated rams), and reduced its ability to reverse and accelerate backwards?

The result would be a very bull-headed ship with a much weakened ability to adjust to an attack gone wrong.

straight upgrade for level 1 pilots :)

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2015, 08:41:25 pm »
straight upgrade for level 1 pilots :)

Well, yes. But they'll soon realize the downsides, once they learn to reverse. :P

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2015, 10:55:51 pm »
Acceleration is a single value in a spreadsheet. Everyone can come up with "what if" ideas but it doesn't help. We can all speculate forever but meanwhile the pyra isn't balanced. Unless the majority agree on a realistic suggestion the pyra will stay indefinitely.

Don't blame Muse when the community doesn't have a solution either. So far the only real suggestion (besides acceleration) is increasing max speed. I don't think it would help but it's atleast something and I'd support it over the alternative of nothing.

I understand this is the 'Gameplay' and not 'Feedback' section but I don't see the point in imagining when there's a serious problem that we can fix but won't. Does anyone wanna see the pyra change next patch?

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2015, 11:33:01 am »
Yes!

I think it should definitely get an acceleration buff.  Not a huge one, but maybe a little lower than the Spire.  Enough that it doesn't feel like the Galleon is more maneuverable.