Author Topic: Drift mines  (Read 13434 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Drift mines
« on: September 27, 2015, 01:07:08 pm »
Just like how ship that were previously moving forward still move forward after their engine break.

What if mines drift in the direction they are fired and slowly lose velocity just like ships. The faster the mine was launched (lesmok) the farther it will drift in the direction it was shot.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Drift mines
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 02:35:03 pm »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 03:45:48 pm »
And effected by wind.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 06:34:46 pm »
And effected by wind.

has that actually been implemented yet?

I can't tell for certain if wind actually exists.

That being said shooting mines past the map border to be flinged back in the map by the winds might be hilarious.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 06:54:15 pm »
Wind exists. Try a mobula on desert scrap.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 07:12:40 pm »
And effected by wind.
And yet you pretend to be an expert on this game.

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 07:35:53 pm »
And effected by wind.
PRETEND? How dare you imply our lord and saviour Maximillian Jazzhand is anything but a fountain of knowledge for the guns of icarus community to enjoy. If he has taken the TIME and EFFORT to impart his wisdom onto you, in an aggressive manner or not, you should be grateful and accept it, based on the fact that compared to the might of Jazzhands, you are nothing. Pleb.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 08:15:48 pm »
And effected by wind.
PRETEND? How dare you imply our lord and saviour Maximillian Jazzhand is anything but a fountain of knowledge for the guns of icarus community to enjoy. If he has taken the TIME and EFFORT to impart his wisdom onto you, in an aggressive manner or not, you should be grateful and accept it, based on the fact that compared to the might of Jazzhands, you are nothing. Pleb.
I've shot him down at least three times.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 08:16:49 pm »
Wind exists. Try a mobula on desert scrap.

I did mention that at some point but you guys just called me crazy that the mobula is strafing and losing arc on enemy ships.

That being said. ONLY on a mobula?

I mean I do see cloud movement on maps which lore wise does imply wind. But its never actually affected arcs or flight pattern.

Hence why would it affect a mine? Even a practice dummy doesn't drift unless you nudge it. Its not like people are spamming muse for a weather vane.

@carn? you mean that time I beat your clan and serene grace with 2 scrubs that did nothing but act as target practice?

When I got the final kill on your junker who just watched as I rescued a teammate from serene grace only for me to just turn around and kill you too because somehow you liked hugging that mountain a bit too much.

2-7 son. and that was against the odds on my end. beating me on a pub match with your clan with you and me with randoms isn't something to gloat about.

You can beat literally anyone like that. Even Lueosi.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:24:12 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 08:24:40 pm »
It affects all ships but is particularly noticeable on mobula and especially on scrap and duel. I don't think there is wind in practice or that clouds are affected by wind (they're independent). Mines are programmed differently and are not affected by physics.

Changing mines to be affected by physics (wind, minotaur, momentum) would require remaking mines.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:29:42 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 08:31:58 pm »
It affects all ships but is particularly noticeable on mobula and especially on scrap and duel. I don't think there is wind in practice or that clouds are affected by wind (they're independent). Mines are programmed differently and are not affected by physics.

Changing mines to be affected by physics (wind, minotaur, momentum) would require remaking mines.

There are people in the community who would love to use minos to push mines. And frankly. I think its a worthwhile endeavour to remake the mines.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 06:43:30 am »
And effected by wind.

>>this guy
>>CA
>>mfw

I mean, I get why people don't like Ceresbane, but attacks on him in this thread are really uncalled for. Especially from a Community Ambassador. Person who is supposed to be helping the community (and being a kind of role model) just start attacking someone without really valid reason whatsoever. Disgraceful. I mean, is it too much to ask you to act like fucking adults?
Also - guys, why are you provoking him? Seriously...

Regarding the thread I will repeat my well-known formula:
It would be cool, sure, but it's not ESSENTIAL so it's probably not going to happen. I've seen more needed (in my opinion) and less demanding tasks being shot down.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 06:51:41 am by Mr.Disaster »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 06:51:37 am »

There are people in the community who would love to use minos to push mines. And frankly. I think its a worthwhile endeavour to remake the mines.

That would make minofish useful (minotaur front, mines sides)

Oh, wait, actually I have a good reaction video for this idea, regarding Muse:

My observation about wind:
- It exists - of a sort - on some of the maps. If you'll stop your ship completely, it's gonna drift at some direction.
- BUT it doesn't affect the projectiles anyhow.

About attack on Ceresbane:

And you guys call me an asshole?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:13:28 am by Schwalbe »

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 07:48:21 am »
And effected by wind.

>>this guy
>>CA
>>mfw

I mean, I get why people don't like Ceresbane, but attacks on him in this thread are really uncalled for. Especially from a Community Ambassador. Person who is supposed to be helping the community (and being a kind of role model) just start attacking someone without really valid reason whatsoever. Disgraceful. I mean, is it too much to ask you to act like fucking adults?
Also - guys, why are you provoking him? Seriously...

Regarding the thread I will repeat my well-known formula:
It would be cool, sure, but it's not ESSENTIAL so it's probably not going to happen. I've seen more needed (in my opinion) and less demanding tasks being shot down.

I think calling that an "Attack" is bit of a jump? If I was attacking him I would be pouncing on his every word and trying to be offensive - I was only playing around. If he finds it offensive he can say and I will take it down. Please stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill - nobody was attacking him here as far as I am concerned and if he feels offended I know he is vocal enough he would make a point to say it. I wouldn't do that kind of joke on a less vocal/confident community member. But this is off topic and if anyone would like to discuss this matter in an adult manner I would rather it take place in private and in full sentences as opposed to using meme arrows and reaction images.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:50:11 am by Hunter. »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 07:55:37 am »
It's not like you jump out on Ceresbane

FOR NO

PARTICULAR

FUCKING

REASON.

At least in this thread.

The fact how Ceresbane behaves everywhere else DOES NOT justify clinging to any statement and ranting about how much of an asshole he is; for fuck's sake - save yourself at least a little class, AND WAIT for him to drop some arrogant bullshit IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GO ON LIKE THAT.

Stop justifying yerself - READ WITH COMPREHENSION.

Dutch Vanya provokes the shitstorm, and you are a CA - calm the fucking situation down before inflating it...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:02:05 am by Schwalbe »