Author Topic: Are the engines really necessary?  (Read 48110 times)

Offline Cancaro

• Salutes: 12
    • [404]
    • View Profile
Are the engines really necessary?
« on: September 21, 2015, 05:41:09 am »
There seems to be a generation of players, which seems to be the one grown in the last year, who consider the engines as something optional, like the range finder.
Maybe there was a boy scouts sale somewhere I didn't know of, because they all like to set up a tent and camp somewhere. "Eventually they will come to us", that's what both teams are thinking while the hours goes by.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not writing this out of rage (spawn-killing those guys in the enemy home is one of the most satisfactory thing for me); I don't even find that illogical 'cause... you know... a flying airships game! Who wouldn't want to stay still in one place staring at beautiful clouds?
Some of you may object that piloting and outmaneuver the enemy could be much more entertaining for anyone, even for the crew, but... EXCUSE ME?! This isn't star wars, we're flying zeppelins, duh!
Others may say that this game isn't a Flying Turret Simulator, and pretend that adjust the fighting tactic according to the enemy behavior is the soul of any team/co-op game, as well as the proof you're a good strategist/captain. Again, you people don't even know what you're talking about. Isn't camping a strategy? Works for everyone, except high level players but that's because they are pro. Maybe doesn't work even with coordinated teams, but that's just because the ally sucks.
So.. the point of all this post is an awesome suggestion! Why not make the engines a tool the captain can bring, along with kerosene, parachute and such? That's the smartest thing because without them the ship has:
- less component to repair;
- less volume the enemy can hit;
- less weight for hydrogen;
- less noise (statistics says that main engineers on pyramidions have more than 63% of probability of becoming deaf before hitting 40 years old).
Think about it. At least you can make the main engine as a tool, and leave the turning ones.

Offline SiepeAssassina

• Salutes: 14
    • [B&C]
    • View Profile
Re: Are the engines really necessary?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 06:13:59 am »
If you ask me, engines are too heavy and sometimes an unwanted waste of space.
Just like the helm.
Let's remove those engines from the Spire and bring back her fixed-turret operation as a lot of people would really enjoy that. (Not me but still)

Sincerely a bored player. :D

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:26:27 am »
It started as a gradual thing... Low level engineers ignored the rear left engine of every goldfish around, so Pilots stopped using helm tools, this left them weak to "LION GUNS EVERYWHERE" attacks, which broke everything on the ship, so the low level players would beg their captains to not move, this allowed them to play stationary sniper matches, like old school Dunes matches, except everyone was sniping with "LION GUNS BECAUSE DAKKA DAKKA 360NOSCOPE.BOOM!" except everyone was out of range, those who dared to attack spawn would find "DAKKA DAKKA LION GUNS!!!" camped by double gunner ships weilding spanners and an engineer with Chem, Ext and pipe wrench, because the engineer is only a fire fighter now, his job, to stop the balloon burning to death....

Now the most common tactic.is to take as many "LION GUNS TOU S.O.B!" into your spawn and waits...

It's rumoured some competitive teams are practicing this tactic in an attempt to force coin toss draws at competitions...

Offline Coiler

• Salutes: 10
    • [B&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 11:23:36 am »
Leave it to Kamomba to drop the Bomba ..

Offline SiepeAssassina

• [B&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 12:03:40 pm »
It started as a gradual thing... Low level engineers ignored the rear left engine of every goldfish around, so Pilots stopped using helm tools, this left them weak to "LION GUNS EVERYWHERE" attacks, which broke everything on the ship, so the low level players would beg their captains to not move, this allowed them to play stationary sniper matches, like old school Dunes matches, except everyone was sniping with "LION GUNS BECAUSE DAKKA DAKKA 360NOSCOPE.BOOM!" except everyone was out of range, those who dared to attack spawn would find "DAKKA DAKKA LION GUNS!!!" camped by double gunner ships weilding spanners and an engineer with Chem, Ext and pipe wrench, because the engineer is only a fire fighter now, his job, to stop the balloon burning to death....

Now the most common tactic.is to take as many "LION GUNS TOU S.O.B!" into your spawn and waits...

It's rumoured some competitive teams are practicing this tactic in an attempt to force coin toss draws at competitions...
LION GUN OP!!!!!!!

I'd also like to remember how Desert Scrap used to be, now it's a LIONFEST.
Basically:
. Pick 3 galleons w/ 4 LIONGUNS(TM);
. Run inside the point
. Set the parking brake
. ? ? ?
. Profit
#JustStaminaThings #LionGun
All hail the liongun!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 12:19:22 pm »
Leave it to Kamomba to drop the Bomba ..

I didn't drop the bomb... I loaded the gunner into the LIONGUN(tm) and screamed "BURST AMMO" then killed the engines with moonshine and cried at lack of repairs...

:)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 12:22:24 pm »
I think this is Pit-worthy. Also, I'm thinking Muse just needs to remove hull armor. I hate that it takes so long for LIONGUN to break it.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 12:22:44 pm »
If Muse would implement variable direction wind based on height, then we could duel with more elegant hot air balloons instead of these cumbersome airships. A lever to heat the air and the slow dissipation of heat via entropy are all the controls a real pilot needs.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 12:39:55 pm »
Do what you must, but don't touch our mines.

*hugs his mine murmuring "my prescious"*

Offline SiepeAssassina

• [B&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 01:26:16 pm »
I think this is Pit-worthy. Also, I'm thinking Muse just needs to remove hull armor. I hate that it takes so long for LIONGUN to break it.
IKR, LIONGUN is too nerfed... pls MUSE fix and nerf pyra some more

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 03:04:58 pm »

Tremble and cower before we who use Muids, moonshine, and tar.

Offline SiepeAssassina

• [B&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 03:34:47 pm »

I'll quit playing the day Muse nerf mines...

Offline Coiler

• Salutes: 10
    • [B&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 03:47:47 pm »
I'll quit playing the day Muse nerf mines...

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile