Author Topic: Dumb idea to make range finder a must  (Read 6271 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Dumb idea to make range finder a must
« on: September 18, 2015, 08:10:51 pm »
Remove the square grid on the map.

And from then on people will have to tell location by giving silly nick names to every landmark on each map.

You can call the big gun in firnfeld Junon.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb idea to make range finder a must
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 10:52:45 pm »
You can call the big gun in firnfeld Junon.

I will always call it "Bridge".

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 03:07:04 am »
And from then on people will have to tell location by giving silly nick names to every landmark on each map.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 04:22:17 pm »

I rate "C" for "Cyka blyat".

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 10:57:52 am »
This is in the case that the Rangefinder becomes less buggy

I would want the Rangefinder to spot but not show the Square Outline of the Ship
Instead, have a dot saying the range next to the targeted enemy.

You could spot a ship with a crew member using a Spyglass to show the Outline of the Ship (If the Hitbox is big because you're seeing the ship from the side), and have a crew member use a Rangefinder to show the Range on the Spotted ship (Show specific distance).

This way you would have to have two people (one with Spyglass and other one with RangeFinder) spotting to get the full effect or just one person (with either a Range finder or a Spyglass) spot to get either the Square Outline or Range.

Probably never happen but would be nice

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 04:03:10 pm »

I would want the Rangefinder to spot but not show the Square Outline of the Ship

You could spot a ship with a crew member using a Spyglass to show the Outline of the Ship (If the Hitbox is big because you're seeing the ship from the side), and have a crew member use a Rangefinder to show the Range on the Spotted ship (Show specific distance).

This way you would have to have two people (one with Spyglass and other one with RangeFinder) spotting to get the full effect or just one person (with either a Range finder or a Spyglass) spot to get either the Square Outline or Range.

That actually sounds rather functional and practical.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 05:41:41 pm »

already suggested something similar right after I posted the topic actually.

range finder looking at an unspotted ship creates a shared "captain spot" as it temporarily spots the target and shows the range for a few seconds which is visible by all teammates.

You can permanently get the range by spotting already spotted ships (so long as the spot is not shaken).

Range is shared amongst teammates. As it shows the range relative to not only your ship, but to other ships too.