Author Topic: Heavy Clip, Incendiary  (Read 6640 times)

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Heavy Clip, Incendiary
« on: September 17, 2015, 07:02:34 am »
Two ammo types that are considered underused.

1. Incendiary

It's very good on carronade (as support gun). It's decent on minelauncher and heavy carronade. It might be used on gatling.

Fix: remove the firing rate penalty. It won't unbalance incendiary carronade, as it's a weapon of opportunity. It's going to make incendiary gatling more viable and makes sense with weapons already dealing fire damage. Don't forget about range penalty, it doesn't unbalance flamethrowers. Could be used effectively on lumberjack too.

2. Heavy clip

Nerfed because of carronades, it's not particularly good anymore. It's still nice in gatling against junkers' hulls, or for disables. It's ok for carronades if we have a gunner and if someone is very desperate, it can be used on flak or banshee. Or flare. But in general it's not useful.

Fix: remove the clip size penalty. Note that it will make it better than standard on almost all guns with recoil (flamer's the exception) but engineers would still probably prefer something with better dps. So not only it's suddenly viable as an alternative in many cases, it also makes gunners more useful and surprisingly, doesn't unbalance ammo types at all.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Heavy Clip, Incendiary
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 07:12:38 am »
+1 to both suggested balance changes.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 07:32:01 am »
I only like the incendiary change, I think that completely negating the clip size effects of heavy clip is a bit of a stretch.
Also I'd like to say that incendiary being good on lumberjack even without penalty to projectile speed is a bad joke - I don't wanna get into the numbers too much here to not derail it into a math-fest, but if you think about it carefully I am sure you'll get why.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 08:56:20 am »
I completely agree with incendiary but I think no clip reduction for heavy is a bit much. Full clip sizes for light carro and Minotaur might be unbalanced. I'd say reduce the penalty from 25 to 20 which equates to a few extra gat shots and one hwatcha. And increase the jitter reduction.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 12:28:08 pm »
^ Pretty much what he said

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 01:32:57 pm »
Full clip sizes for light carro and Minotaur might be unbalanced.

I'm afraid it's going to be pretty difficult to unbalance light carro at this point :P It has no disable potential unless you count accidental close range sniping. Either it's used with incendiary as support weapon or it needs buff engineer with greased to do anything effective against balloons.

You could think it might unbalance gatling, but like in carro case, it loses against greased in terms of dps.

You could think it unbalances banshee or flak, but both of these guns have their better dps ammo types and heavy clip would be only a viable alternative.

Nothing is going to work for hwacha except for burst. Until the hwacha jitter increase, but that's not what this thread is about.

Minotaur is the only gun I can agree with. However, it's not so great anyway, I'm pretty sure the only thing it would do is rendering greased less useful.

So think very, very carefully about this. Heavy clip had decreased clip size because it was extremely effective on many guns. Right now it's not very effective. Would removing the clip size penalty actually unbalance this ammo?
In my opinion it wouldn't. Unless the jitter is reduced as well, that is.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 02:19:45 pm »
I agree with both changes. Light carro and minotaur could use a slight buff, and reducing heavy penalties would do nicely. Incendiary is a bit too situational and gets used only on a select few guns.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 03:16:07 pm »
There are many guns that aren't affected by ammo penalties, so removing the heavy clip penalty wouldn't be too bad. It already doesn't affect the heavy carro, and light carro and minotaur could use a buff. Gat could use a more effective mid range ammo. I like heavy clip banshee and it could be a good hwatcha change along with jitter increase. Heavy clip jitter can stay the same.