Author Topic: Remote sticky bomb  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Remote sticky bomb
« on: September 17, 2015, 03:01:59 pm »
Basic idea. You fire a gun not unlike a mine launcher/poon. Mine as it theres a counter on how many active stickies are allowed (1 instead of the 5 mines). And has the reload time of a poon and has the firing arc of one.

It sticks to the enemy ship and the gunner can decide when to detonate. If it is not detonated within x seconds( prolly because the next shot isn't fired or the gun is destroyed). It explodes automatically.

I say its a shatter/explosive gun with long reload.

The command to detonate is when you fire the next sticky bomb. Just like when you fire the 6th mine in a mine launcher.

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Remote sticky bomb
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 05:51:12 pm »
Would it also stick to terrain? With the amount of push a mine has I can see it being used like a remote minotaur.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 08:40:37 am »
Would it also stick to terrain? With the amount of push a mine has I can see it being used like a remote minotaur.

as it stands guns cant really interact with terrain besides blocking shots.

I mean flak shots don't even explode on terrain.

Offline michael.hauda

• Salutes: 5
    • [MisF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 11:23:30 am »
Just give it two "shots", first one fires the bomb which starts x numbers of seconds until self-detonation. The second "shot" detonates the explosive remotely, lesmok makes it an impact detonation bomb (no second shot) as would lochnagar while heatsink gives you two bombs before you can detonate both with your third "shot".

Damage type is harder, explosive and shatter probably make the most sense. I'd personally have a large amount of explosive followed by a large AOE low-moderate shatter damage (lumberjack sized area). give it a painful 20 second reload and harpoon firing qualities.

I wouldn't have it push people, if a heavy flak doesn't push you a sticky bomb probably shouldn't either.

Terrain sticking eh, but ally sticky hell yeah. Friendly fire (damage) probably not because trolls but being a mobula with 5 of these, sticking all of them to your pyramidion and having him ram the enemy while your crew just hits a button would be awesome (although more awesome if friendly fire was a thing xD). They could also have defensive value that mines somehow lack, fire one onto your ally and watch the noob try to ram him and get a face full of love.

I'm assuming the enemy wouldn't know that they'd been hit either (no base damage when it attaches) so a sneaky squid could shoot the rear of your spire and detonate the bombs just as the squid's ally closes in and you have to hightail it out of there, giving it even more of a cooperative style.

But yes I vote for heatsink mobula with all 5 sticky launchers shooting 10 onto his ally who then screams "OH WHAT A DAY, WHAT A LOVELY DAY" and sends himself to Valhalla while attaining the game winning kill with a ram.