Author Topic: Played for the first time tonight...  (Read 8773 times)

Offline Orangey Blue

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Played for the first time tonight...
« on: April 19, 2013, 06:36:18 am »
Hello, all. I played for the first time tonight and I have to say it was a fascinating experience. There's so much to this game, I feel like it'll take a long time to learn it all. I'm amazed (and glad!) that the game remains rewarding even after a loss--including the five losses I experienced this evening! Regardless, I'm sorry if I was the failing Engie on your crew, oh captains! I'm going to keep an eye out for training days in the future, and will do my very best to improve. I hope to meet others who enjoy the game and look forward to talking with all of you. :)

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Played for the first time tonight...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 06:58:43 am »
Hey Blue,

Great to see your enjoying the game :D We have a large group of players that will help you any time your in game should you wish to learn all the ins and outs of the game.
Hope to see you around.

Cheers,

Qwerty

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 07:16:42 am »
I could teach u a thing or two   prolly be on around 5 est time

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:34:23 am »
The next scheduled training should be next Wednesday, with some luck there's something before, but that remains to be seen. Don't hesitate to just ask in the chat for serving with a experienced crew that could guide you a little, there's usually someone on who's glad to help!

Great to hear from a new player who isn't discouraged by the first loosing streaks, that's usually the beginning for all of us :)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 10:14:05 am »
hey blue,

we are glad that an amazing person (you) joined the game comunnity, welcome on GoIo.

hope to see you soon,
coldcurse

Offline Meriwether

• Salutes: 8
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 09:46:16 pm »
Welcome to the community!

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 01:15:44 am »
Welcome!  I am LDT, your friendly cuddly bear man when ever you need help in game.  Join me whenever I am on and we shall ride the Sky Whale of destiny into the great beyond, laying waste to all who oppose us in the infinite blue clear skies above!

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:41:44 pm »
Welcome to the community, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.  :)

Offline VikingOfSixth

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 03:14:40 am »
No such thing as losses, only temporary groundings and shipwrecks! Stay close to positive to crews and captains and you will have a blast. The key is communication, don't be afraid to ask questions and to listen to what the crew is asking of you! Try to stick with a game even if your entire crew including the captain has abandoned, there is always an opportunity to learn even in the worst of matches.

And if you run across a sour attitude or unfriendly fellow jump to a new ship and brush it off your shoulder. Welcome to Icarus, see you in the skies!

Offline Grogmiester

• Salutes: 0
    • [GT]
    • View Profile
    • GT Community
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 04:08:19 pm »
Welcome blue.
Take on board the advice that has been given and join the training matches. also if you see any CA's on talk to them and they can help you get to grips with the basics and even some of the more advanced things