Author Topic: Version 1.4.3 Release Notes  (Read 43638 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.4.3 Release Notes
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 07:03:24 pm »
The mayority of the players accepts the loadout if you exlain why you want to have it. Reasonable arguments do work actually - excluding real hardcore trolls who are very rare imho.

Yes, it's very common for people to decline loadouts the first time and accept after they understand why the new loadout works better in this circumstance than the old. This happens all the time and helps everyone learn. Then there's the few that won't change no matter what, and spamming often gets them to leave.

Problem is that captains were spamming crew, probably without much explanation, and the players complained. So now we're stuck with slow spamming and delaying the match before we're forced to leave.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 09:26:14 pm »
On the subject mentioned above, players feel powerless against the trolls/uncooperative players/morons especially since they can ruin your game so easily. If I have 3 people on my ship and one random you-know-which-clan guy appears* being a 2nd gunner and not responding to ANY form of communication, more often than not blabbering asking for different loadout or other stuff. All I can do is block, report and naively hope that Muse & Friends will sort this thing out...somehow. Half jokingly - half seriously I say: just implement the votekick already and let's be done with it. Being perfectly serious now - this is a problem that will not fade away and my experience shows that currently "we rather encourage than punish" approach is not as effective as community needs. What are we supposed to do? Form a pirate bands and just follow after the trolls to every lobby and crush them or at least go to their ship and troll them back? Fight troll with a bigger troll? Well, I know such cases, especially since GOIO is cheap on sale and it's easy to just buy different account for this purpose. This also encourages flying with clans and effectively stomping (because cooperation and ACTUALLY DOING YOUR JOB is kinda op), which makes people leave the game. Sooner or later you're going to have some kind of system, because with 4000 players best-sale-ever-prime-time (or even 1,5-2k during regular sale) you just will not have enough of manpower to handle this through CA's and mods.

I have an idea that might even make kicking palatable to muse. Limit it to a number of uses in any given length of time and since the recent theme is encouraging people to play with novices tie the number of uses to the number of novices you have played with in the past X days say 5% (in effect it will be a lot less than 5% of novices being kicked when you account for unused kicks and non-novices being kicked). The biggest stated problem - people routinely kicking novices for just being new - would be impossible under this system. As far as rewards for being nice to novices go the ability to get rid of the small minority of trolls (or for some points of view the worst of the large minority of trolls) is i think unmatchable.

Offline Dryykon

• Salutes: 10
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2015, 10:16:10 pm »
Clan rankings work perfectly in my opinion... proof:

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 10:27:22 pm »
XP is adjusted by the number of active members in the clan.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 02:14:19 am »
The mayority of the players accepts the loadout if you exlain why you want to have it. Reasonable arguments do work actually - excluding real hardcore trolls who are very rare imho.

Yes, it's very common for people to decline loadouts the first time and accept after they understand why the new loadout works better in this circumstance than the old. This happens all the time and helps everyone learn. Then there's the few that won't change no matter what, and spamming often gets them to leave.

Problem is that captains were spamming crew, probably without much explanation, and the players complained. So now we're stuck with slow spamming and delaying the match before we're forced to leave.

Assuming you can delay the match, yesterday each match I played with pub crew (before crew forming with friends because it sucked so much in pubs compared to before) each pub match had one crew member who would decline loadout, which i sent after explaining, and with everyone else readied up, and no one adding time I got left with a gimped ship each match.

[...]
Also, please fix lobby colours... the previous, more dull tones fit the rest of the game perfectly. These colours stick out like sores.
This!

The sound changes are quite admirable, besides the chopper sounds of the engines. Changing them back would be great.

About that suggestion issue:
No problems with trolls so far. The mayority of the players accepts the loadout if you exlain why you want to have it. Reasonable arguments do work actually - excluding real hardcore trolls who are very rare imho.

Being a CA I do my best to explain why I am sending loadouts, hardcore trolls are rare, but there are a lot of idiots who will refuse without reason, or intent to troll, then the added problem of people who decline by accident.

The new system is fucking shit if any reasonable captain wants to try and pub without a regular crew.

Edit: And the change to make it just a little bit better would be to give captains the ability to send the loadout two or three times in a short period, then add the delay, that way if someone declines first time by mistake, or before they listened, there is still the chance to send it a second time.

I can understand some people would have abused the old system, and can understand why crew members would be pissed off with that, but the change is too extreme against those who were not arseholes.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:21:12 am by Kamoba »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 02:21:40 am »
Might want to look at clan leveling systems in MMOs for ideas for later levels. Usually they have XP boosts or some clear reason for people to grind up to max level.

I really don't get the vet matches. Maybe if you want to sit there any wait for awhile for one to fill but there just isn't much reason beyond that. It isn't a hardcore mode, its just MM for 30+ folk. Rather than vet MM, I'd like to see an actual hardcore mode that unlocks at 30 which is faster, fiercer, and more intense than regular.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 04:12:32 am »

I'd like to see an actual hardcore mode that unlocks at 30 which is faster, fiercer, and more intense than regular.

"1.1 Mode. Only available for levels 30+, Gilder, and any aspiring squid pilot"

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 09:03:50 am »
Vet mode is only for hopefully not playing with people who have zero experience in the game. It still compares to nothing like a game for people who have been playing the game for years rather than the couple of weeks it'll take to get to level 30.

Also while we're at vet matches, I had some thoughts about it:

First of all, it is still not a viable source of matches that can be had, because it is not accessible for 50% of the day, and for the remaining half you will have to wait between 15 and 30 minutes to get a match going. Even in the absolute peak times it is not possible to get a match at a sane wait time. Vet matches are simply not made for the amount of player-base the game has at the moment.

Now, I had some questions that question the system of the vet matches even further, which arise solely from the fact it has a limit to when it is active, that is determined by the amount of 30+ people online. I am not saying that this limit should be removed, I am saying this limit is needed for the success of the mode but at the same time creates a few flaws in the system.

First, the limit will have to be counted for people above lvl 30 that are not currently in a match obviously, but I am just throwing out likely scenarios of why it has such a large wait time at the moment.

Second, lets say the limit of lvl 30+ people is quite border-lined achieved, and every small shift in the amount of people will throw it off - the game might think that the game has enough people to start running the vet matches, but a large portion of those people flagged as vets will be either idle, or go for normal matches - resulting in longer than expected wait times for vets.

Third, say the limit of lvl 30+ people is quite border-line again, what will happen if people go into vet matchmaker, but meanwhile some of the people will leave, and the option to use vet matchmaker will get disabled again, will the people in the vet matchmaker just sit there until the number of 30+ players in-game rise back to normal state and the matchmaker will be opened again?

This system makes quite a bit of predicaments arise, especially when the player base is low enough to not fully support it... I like the system, but the current state of the game does not deal well with it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:05:23 am by Extirminator »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2015, 03:44:52 am »
Extirminator, if there is not enough to fill it up a lobby can be opened up to low-level people. Solves the issue mostly.

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 07:03:45 am »
snip

Even though it may take a while to find a vet game or get one going, a single lobby could potentially survive for quite a while. The problem is, in my opinion, our inability to host a custom game, then open it up to vet queue only. I wouldn't mind the 10' time it takes to gather people, if the future of the lobby was ensured, and I'm pretty sure many people think the same way.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2015, 07:56:55 am »
snip

Even though it may take a while to find a vet game or get one going, a single lobby could potentially survive for quite a while. The problem is, in my opinion, our inability to host a custom game, then open it up to vet queue only. I wouldn't mind the 10' time it takes to gather people, if the future of the lobby was ensured, and I'm pretty sure many people think the same way.

Actually, it's very possible to host a vet custom game. I'm not sure why you've had problems with it, but perhaps there's a higher player requirement for hosting vet lobbies than it is to be able to queue for vet lobbies.

Offline Mezhu

• [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2015, 08:51:49 am »
I'm saying we should be given the ability to open custom-hosted lobbies into the vet queue.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2015, 09:38:07 am »
When you create a custom game you can check a checkbox that says "Vet game". I believe once it is a vet game, players under lvl 30 are not able to be queued into it. If they do, it may be a bug.

Offline Mezhu

• [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2015, 10:03:06 am »
According to Lu, doing that opens it to the normal queue rather than the vet one.. I was under the impression that was intended

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2015, 10:14:30 am »
You can create a vet match by checking the box. You can then turn it into a normal match by pressing the button on the bottom. After that you can press the recruit from queue button to invite to MM.