Author Topic: Version 1.4.3 Release Notes  (Read 44550 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.4.3 Release Notes
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 04:31:17 pm »
#BringBackOriginalParitan

All I'll say on that.

Then, what kind of DX11 improvements are there? Is it just performance related involving the rendering? Is it base 11.0 or is it 11.1/11.2?

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 04:41:32 pm »
To be fair i should wait and see what exactly 'spam protection' means. If it allows 2-4 and then calls it spam im fine with that, by then ive given up anyway.

As far as things that need spam protection
-Why does block not work on pre-recorded commands
-Why does invite to clan need to be a thing at all, you can invite people by inviting them to apply and if they dont care enough to do that they don't need to join.

Offline Dryykon

• Salutes: 10
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 04:52:52 pm »
Looks like I can't edit my previous post... odd...

Anyways, it currently looks like the larger clans are having a harder time of leveling, which makes sense. Though I figure larger clans will be able to support a more active player base... so leveling will likely go:

1. Small and very active clan (small size lends them higher match/player ratio than larger clans)
2. Large and very active (too many members that hop on for 1 or 2 matches then leave for a few days)
3. Large and less active (members act as a safety barrier; there will always be members playing)
4. Small and less active (rip)

Also, this:

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 04:54:52 pm by Dryykon »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 04:53:37 pm »
To be fair i should wait and see what exactly 'spam protection' means. If it allows 2-4 and then calls it spam im fine with that, by then ive given up anyway.
As far as I can tell it adds a period before you can recommend loadouts to anyone again. I wish there was any option for discouraging trolling but now there's not the last resort.

The stated goal was to prevent harassing of players who refuse to cooperate. Well what else are we supposed to do after we explain everything and the player decides to harass us and force us to leave? Why is it more important to protect trolls than protection from trolls? If there were ANY other option this would be fine but there isn't. Simply make recommended loadouts automatic and the problem is largely fixed. If the player knows their loadout will automatically change then they'll be less likely to troll. It adds a first step of defense that benefits everyone.

99% of the players in game understand this. The others are not the community. The only way to learn is cooperating with experienced players.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:06:38 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 05:05:55 pm »
Alright. So I'm just going to have to block, report, and leave a massive amount of matches now.

Or just fly with full-clan ships, and stomp.

I enjoy teaching people. I actively try to seek out ships with new players, and talk to then. Usually, 2/3 players on the ship are enjoyable company. The lone troll will either leave, or accept the loadout when spammed. Either outcome is manageable.

Now, the only thing I can do is block, report, and leave. Maybe I can some of the non-trolls to follow, while I go find people with green names, and fly with them. Still, I leave, avoid new players, because a troll poisons the whole ship.

How is this desirable?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:09:35 pm by DrTentacles »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 06:03:45 pm »
Doesn't matter to me, I recommend once. If they don't accept, block list.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 08:40:32 pm »
What I like:

- New 3v3 map, yay! Played few matches on it and I like it so far. Keep it up, we need 3v3/4v4 maps, especially for non-DM modes. (Edit: although 4v4 Firnfield DM would be nice)
- In some cases new, prettier map pictures. GOIO became more pleasant to the eye. Also map UI is kind of nice (although I'd like map to be in center, and perhaps a bit larger, but that's nitpicking).
- New tipbox stuff, some of it pretty fun. Although the longer messages are visible for too little time to actually read them.
- Fixed sound bug. Seriously, as an engineer I rely very much of the component sounds. Glad it's gone.

Mixed feelings:

- Clan leveling. On one hand - you do something with the clans, which is cool! On the other... rewards are usually some dyes, a decal and the last level is some title I guess? It feels not really worth the effort for me, I was expecting more. If you really want to make it count you should make some new content (outfit stuff?) availible only through that way and shop. Also, I know you'll be pretty reluctant to the idea - but how about one level of the reward would be a coupon for like 1-2$ of purchases in shop? Then you could also get people hooked, they could browse the shop thinking "Ohh, this outfit is actually pretty cool, I can give 4 bucks for that". So, summary - basically good idea but you have to take it one or even two steps forward.

- Vet game system. I didn't have an opportunity to check it, but I like the idea. Also, how the level is counted? Is it the highest level? The lowest? The level of class we're currently playing? I'll tell more when I actually test it.

On the subject mentioned above, players feel powerless against the trolls/uncooperative players/morons especially since they can ruin your game so easily. If I have 3 people on my ship and one random you-know-which-clan guy appears* being a 2nd gunner and not responding to ANY form of communication, more often than not blabbering asking for different loadout or other stuff. All I can do is block, report and naively hope that Muse & Friends will sort this thing out...somehow. Half jokingly - half seriously I say: just implement the votekick already and let's be done with it. Being perfectly serious now - this is a problem that will not fade away and my experience shows that currently "we rather encourage than punish" approach is not as effective as community needs. What are we supposed to do? Form a pirate bands and just follow after the trolls to every lobby and crush them or at least go to their ship and troll them back? Fight troll with a bigger troll? Well, I know such cases, especially since GOIO is cheap on sale and it's easy to just buy different account for this purpose. This also encourages flying with clans and effectively stomping (because cooperation and ACTUALLY DOING YOUR JOB is kinda op), which makes people leave the game. Sooner or later you're going to have some kind of system, because with 4000 players best-sale-ever-prime-time (or even 1,5-2k during regular sale) you just will not have enough of manpower to handle this through CA's and mods.

*I would lovely write which one, but then I would be reported for hatred speech and insulting clan/players.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:54:39 pm by Mr.Disaster »

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 08:51:03 pm »
@Mr.Disaster,
Completely agree on clan leveling! We made the system quickly to make sure it worked and as we tested out how quickly people leveled and the pace we wanted we could look at adding more levels with bigger rewards.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 08:53:06 pm »
Glad to hear that. Also, while you wrote this message I edited my post and added some grumpy monologue, sorry for that.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2015, 07:39:47 am »
I never knew why people did not code those tool tips to have an interactive show time matching the amount of words in it. It is not particularly hard to code in, and a lot of games simply don't have it - including goi.

If you just say that the average reader read 200 words per minute, which translates into 3.33 words per second give or take a few seconds for people who are non-native speakers - you could just make the amount of time per tool tip to be:

tooltip_timer = ( word_amount / 3.33 ) + constant_for_non_speakers

and depending on how in-depth you wanna go, you can make it so that constant is influenced by the amount of words too.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:41:31 am by Extirminator »

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2015, 08:54:20 am »
Just add a veteran matchmaking leaderboard now and we're cool

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2015, 09:24:40 am »
Not in the notes for some reason but aside from the engines the new sounds are great.

Offline Dryykon

• Salutes: 10
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 09:44:31 am »
Instead of vet matches, I vote for ranked matches. (With the similar 30 level minimum.)  ;)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 05:29:07 pm »
Emailed Muse, most likely my.most colourfully worded email I've ever sent them.regarding captain recommended loadout changes...

Offline Easha Dustfeather

• Salutes: 5
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 05:57:46 pm »
[...]
Also, please fix lobby colours... the previous, more dull tones fit the rest of the game perfectly. These colours stick out like sores.
This!

The sound changes are quite admirable, besides the chopper sounds of the engines. Changing them back would be great.

About that suggestion issue:
No problems with trolls so far. The mayority of the players accepts the loadout if you exlain why you want to have it. Reasonable arguments do work actually - excluding real hardcore trolls who are very rare imho.