Author Topic: Report limits - how is this a thing?  (Read 12386 times)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Report limits - how is this a thing?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 12:35:31 pm »
I go into teacher mode and point out exactly every mistake with demonstrated evidence of the facts of what I'm saying. Not that, they're listening while being smothered in salt.

I MEAN no disrespect Ceresbane, but your "teacher mode" usually appears more like an "asshole mode".
Just sayin' how it looks from the side.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 05:19:06 pm »
Well, 5 might be a pretty low limit, but at the same time I'm in this thread reading about people reporting for absolutely dumb stuff. Maybe only report if it's actually worth reporting? No one cares if some player isn't listening to you in the game or is using the in game chat to talk with his friends. Is it really worth reporting if a ship of players isn't playing the game how you want them to play (Such as being too serious or not being serious enough)?

It's reporting for those stupid reasons that there's a limit in the first place.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 05:52:50 pm »
You don't have to memorize. Add them to the block list and open it while you're writing the report.

That would be great if the report window didn't make the rest of the interface disappear.  Also makes it hard to quote the offending remarks when the chat box also disappears...  I've e-mailed Muse about that and they said "good suggestion".  :P

I do also think the report limit is too low, or possibly entirely unnecessary.  I don't report people for being uncooperative - I report them for being racist, sexist, otherwise discriminatory, or actually trolling.  It sucks to see someone engaging in that kind of behavior and not be able to do anything about it because I've reached the report limit.  I also don't want to have to be like "hey guys can you report this guy cuz I've reached my limit" because part of the great thing about reports is that they're anonymous, and if they're not, you risk retaliation (counter-reports, or worse).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:00:28 pm by sparklerfish »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 07:06:56 pm »
Hiding the interface no longer occurs.

Has anyone else reached the limit before? I hadn't heard about it. A limit can help discourage reports for uncooperative players which Muse can't do much about and doesn't have time for. We can tell Muse to remove the limit if it's necessary.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 07:31:36 pm »
omg, they heeded my request <3

and yeah I've reached the limit several times.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 06:01:23 am »
Sending an email to abuse@musegames.com is effective as the in game report system.  If these reports are related, maybe one big email may be easier.