Author Topic: Report limits - how is this a thing?  (Read 11887 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Report limits - how is this a thing?
« on: September 06, 2015, 07:57:30 pm »

How is this a thing? I was shocked to discover it, recently I've had some long few-hour sessions in GOIO and suddenly, 'poof', I can't report people.

Because, I'm sorry, but if someone is shouting to the microphone or just ignoring all kinds of communications - I report them. And I believe they deserve it and should be dealt with. Perhaps we could raise this threshold a bit.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Report limits - how is this a thing?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 08:07:11 pm »
It's to prevent spam reporting and so Muse doesn't have to read and investigate many.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 08:08:12 pm »
I didn't know this was a thing. This shouldn't be a thing.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 08:58:45 pm »
It's to prevent spam reporting and so Muse doesn't have to read and investigate many.

I get it the intent, but I still think it's a too low number. What even is 'spam reporting' anyway?
Perhaps increasing it to 10 would do the trick.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 09:22:50 pm »
The way im reading it only the warning notification stops, the report still happens without it. Correct me if it also removed the button or something.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 10:34:25 pm »
suddenly, 'poof', I can't report people
5 is a low number but there should be a daily limit. 8 is reasonable. If you need to report more then send it in an email.

Limits help distinguish between reporting players who are truly trolling and those who are uncooperative. Muse can't really do much about players that don't listen or aren't great to play with, but they can and should find the trolls. Real trolls are rare but uncooperative/uncommunicative players aren't. Muse has to prioritize.

I used to report players who refused to accept loadouts or leave which forces me to leave. It's frustrating and unfair but there's nothing Muse will really do. The only reason to report this is for the player to get the notification warning they were reported for trolling. Luckily I rarely encounter this behavior anymore and when I do I don't always report it. Time costs
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:50:22 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 04:17:29 am »
So I if you want to report more people just jump on a 2nd account and go to town :D.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 04:27:18 am »
So I if you want to report more people just jump on a 2nd account and go to town :D.

"2nd account".

This guy is funny. He'll die last.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 06:51:05 am »

At this rate I'll have 5 accounts just to get through an average day....

One troll ship of friends who got the multi-pack and are trolling together = 4 reports, the chances of bumping into more than one other person during the sales period are very high.

Now I can understand a limit, but 5 is too low.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 07:16:44 am »
One troll ship of friends who got the multi-pack and are trolling together = 4 reports, the chances of bumping into more than one other person during the sales period are very high.

So within 3 matches you have the potential to use up more than 10 reports. How high do you want the limit to be?
Realistically in a random lobby you have 15 people that you could report, per lobby, there is no limit high enough so you have enough reports while being low enough to stop trolls and for Muse and Moderaters to handle.

If people weren't stupid enough to use the reporst system to be trolls, the limit wouldn't be needed, but guess what, people are stupid.
You could always just report the captain of that troll ship instead of the entire ship, if he is part of the trolling.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:19:38 am by Dementio »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 07:27:14 am »

So within 3 matches you have the potential to use up more than 10 reports. How high do you want the limit to be?
Realistically in a random lobby you have 15 people that you could report, per lobby, there is no limit high enough so you have enough reports while being low enough to stop trolls and for Muse and Moderaters to handle.

If people weren't stupid enough to use the reporst system to be trolls, the limit wouldn't be needed, but guess what, people are stupid.
You could always just report the captain of that troll ship instead of the entire ship, if he is part of the trolling.

Indeed true. On many points.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 08:59:49 am »
If you're reporting a whole ship use multiple names in one report. It saves time

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 09:26:51 am »
Unless it's impossible to memorize them all, for whatever reason - for example being a gibberish.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 09:50:13 am »
You don't have to memorize. Add them to the block list and open it while you're writing the report.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 11:39:35 am »
funnily enough I rarely report since it is a case of people just being super dumb.

the game has a small enough community (and MM is  a douche like that) that I'd encounter them again and crush them mercilessly and demonstrate exactly what happens when  I have a crew that listens.

I go into teacher mode and point out exactly every mistake with demonstrated evidence of the facts of what I'm saying. Not that, they're listening while being smothered in salt.