Author Topic: Improving GOIO - Community features  (Read 9306 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Improving GOIO - Community features
« on: September 03, 2015, 10:04:20 pm »
inb4 "Devs don't do skirmnish stuff 'cause Alliance"

In the art of war one must recognise his weaknesses and his strenghts and one of GOIO's strenghts is it's great community - GOIO is not only just a game to play but a kind of place where we meet our friends and babble about stuff. Therefore I think it's very important to really grab onto that and improve GOIO's social features. How can we do that?

[Clans]

1. Make clan chat useful!

This has been suggested many times and I put it in the first place because it's easy to do. Make some kind of notification icon or make it work like party chat. Here's some thread about it. I've made mine too a while ago but I can't find it.

2. Clan application message

Mentioned in this thread, it would be nice if officers or at least leader would get some kind of message about clan applications. Perhaps something as simple as game checking it when turned on and message "You have X clan applications pending" would be nice.
Also please fix the clan links

3. Clan alliances ?

This is more of a loose thought, but many times we see clans "allied" or "befriended" with other clans, but this has no impact to the game. What if we could make something cool with it, for instance give every clan like 2-3 slots for allied clans and, I don't know, mark them with some colour* at least? Perhaps give a special chat tab for alliance? Maybe even let them see themselves in a custom matches, although that one can be dangerous, imagine alliance of 3 clans of 40 people and most of them log in during similar time (like saturday evening) - then custom matches become almost like an old server browser. The point is - people don't want to merge clans because they want to stay independent, but it is worth looking for the ways to make clan friendship matter in some way and be reflected in the game.

*I'd imagine that members from allied clan (and from our clan) would have their clantag marked in friend-green colour

4. Give us more room for clan information.

[Talking]

1. Party chat (and not only)

There's no way of telling whether voicechat comes from teamchat, lobbychat or partychat and this is highly annoying, so some resolution to this problem would be nice.

2. Temporary in-lobby mute

Since the smallest (full) lobby contains of 16 people there can be a lot of noise out there and I don't even mean just people shouting "Ready up noob" or shreiking to their microphones, but even when a few people start talking at the same time it gets unpleasant. There is a way for you not to make noise for other people - and this is party chat, but there is no way for temporary cutting-off other people. I don't want to block people, because one - hey, they did nothing wrong really, two - i treat my blocking list as "no no no no no no" list of people. Therefore some kind of temporary mute (for limited time, like 30 sec or just until lobby timer ends) would allow people to actually talk. It has been discussed in this thread

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Re: Improving GOIO - Community features
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:10:47 am »
A: We should line up 4 quad minotaur galleons on clash at blackcliff and send a screenshot to anyone who says that.
B: Im fairly sure all of these things are relevant and needed for Alliance mode too

I like the idea of colour coding clan tags, Possibly using the blue self colour for marking own clan. Maybe also a very subtle colour for any clan you have friends in.

Another thing that is needed is crew voice chat which would require 1 and help with the problem behind 2 somewhat. It would also probably need a more detailed and visible explanation of the voice chat buttons since people allready get confused by having 2-3.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:52:05 am »
Bravo, saluted, forwarded to Muse too.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 03:09:06 am »
And now we wait...

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 04:34:51 am »
And now we wait...

Or we discuss and add further ideas :)

Offline Kadetti Lola Ellpuu

• Salutes: 7
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 04:52:44 am »
Have global chat keep history for you when you're in a match. Kinda frustrating when I'm talking with peoples in the global while waiting for a match to start and when I come back I have no idea what's going on in there. I imagine this must be quite a nuisance for CAs as well.

Toggable sounds effects for private messages and invites would be great. Let's be honest, we all spend some time tabbed-out and this could come in handy.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 04:58:04 am »
Have global chat keep history for you when you're in a match. Kinda frustrating when I'm talking with peoples in the global while waiting for a match to start and when I come back I have no idea what's going on in there. I imagine this must be quite a nuisance for CAs as well.

Toggable sounds effects for private messages and invites would be great. Let's be honest, we all spend some time tabbed-out and this could come in handy.

:)
Also handy for when you get a PM mid match.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 08:25:00 am »
A: We should line up 4 quad minotaur galleons on clash at blackcliff and send a screenshot to anyone who says that.
B: Im fairly sure all of these things are relevant and needed for Alliance mode too

Well, from my experience for a while whenever I had some idea on the forum I got shot down by "but Devs work on Alliance now" talk. But yeah, I guess it's relevant for Alliance too.

Yes, yes, for a 100th time - yes! How could I forget this?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:27:18 am by Mr.Disaster »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 09:19:07 am »

Yes, yes, for a 100th time - yes! How could I forget this?

I'd say something like "because you stopped playing it, twat", but I personally haven't played for quite some time - because exams. Graphs. And shit.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 12:16:32 pm »
pretty sure I mentioned clan alliance before like 3 times.

Where alliance chat is a permanent party chat between clans. So clan chat is shared by the two clans.

I highly recommend it remains two clans max though to avoid clutter.

Offline Kadetti Lola Ellpuu

• Salutes: 7
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 12:36:04 pm »
Also, fix the issue with the chat defaulting to global and never break it again maybe?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 01:15:33 pm »
pretty sure I mentioned clan alliance before like 3 times.

You know, good artists take inspiration, great artists steal :P But yeah, I browsed through forum to see related threads, I guess I forgot to mention this one.

Also, fix the issue with the chat defaulting to global and never break it again maybe?

Yes, please.