Author Topic: Fact Finding  (Read 8312 times)

Offline James Campbell

• Salutes: 2
    • [IGC]
    • View Profile
Fact Finding
« on: August 19, 2015, 03:25:24 pm »
Hi guys.
Myself and a small team of writers are writing a small novella about a story in the GoI universe. Essentially were looking for concrete details in the world, such as capital cities, accents, style, names of leaders and key social figures, religions and even customs and language differences. We have a great story set out, and we plan to go into real depth with the life in the age of GoI, both on board and in cities. If someone has a solid foundation we can build on, or can direct us to a thread with some info I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's a link to the story we have so far

Thanks guys!

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,6758.0.html

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Fact Finding
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 03:46:53 pm »
Go to the Cantina Writing Discussions thread in The Lounge. You'll find a map of the world there. As for leaders the only concrete one I know of is King Gregor of the Baronies.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:01:22 pm »
There is the lore section on the main website, generally hunting the forums will give you some good results too, and assuming Eric is not too busy, he loves to email lore information, so you could also ask be emailing feedback@musegames.com
The more specific your questions the better, also email josie@musegames.com she should be able to help with some stuff, but Eric will spot the feedback email (Hint: Add the keyword lore into the title to ensure the feedback email gets forwarded to him.)

You're free to say I said to bother them about it too if you want. :)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 04:42:19 pm »
Also each faction has their own colors and symbol. Example, Angles is black, with a red albatross.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 05:36:02 pm »
Most of the lore/geopolitical information that you're going to be able to find is going to be in the flavor text for the maps in-game, the World tab at Guns of Icarus' front page to their website, and their "official" map: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/gunsoficarusonline/images/2/27/Guns_of_Icarus_Map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140314035859

As far as actually emailing Muse and asking for information, I would suggest not bothering. I've attempted several times to recieve any information about the game lore-wise from the devs and was given the run-around every time. I can only hope that they're just saving the information for their Co-Op release "Alliance", and not that they don't actually have anything written.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 07:01:52 pm »
Well I think they have stuff written but they want to include player stories and lore into the game, thus the still ongoing lore contest, email your stories to lore@musegames.com for a chance to be in the badlands hotel guest book.

When I played email pingpong with Eric I got quite a lot of lore based information which is not yet up on the public pages, though that may be based on what questions were asked. :)

If nothing else, use recognised veteran players as the characters of importance. :)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 07:11:57 am »
Essentially were looking for concrete details in the world

*we're