Author Topic: Updated achievements/ improved 3 v 3 likeliness  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Updated achievements/ improved 3 v 3 likeliness
« on: August 02, 2015, 01:42:12 pm »
I mean some of the CP related stuff is outdated.

e.g. Desert scrap map achievement for engie and gunner

Get 4 kill more than deaths.

That was designed with the old CP rules in mind when a team had no choice but to kill a single blocker or it wouldn't capture the point, making deaths a common place.

But in the current ruleset it just won't occur now. As you can have a majority on the point and the other ship can impotently block you but essentially he's forced out, ignored or killed.
Thats too many variables for 4 kills in 400 seconds.

And seeing as harpoon got a new update, white whaler might be a problem for some new players as unlike the old days. Flame throwers aren't all that effective anymore to hull break and cause ram kills. And the resident ram ship has been turned into up to scale model made of paper mache.

Also OH DEAR GOD LOWER THE REQUIREMENT OF 1KM KILLS FOR ENGIES. It just as tedious as 260 minutes with novices on the teaching achievement and that got lowered to 30 minutes.

I know there are other such achievements and I'm sure you guys know others.

But yes. More 3 v 3. 3 v 3 is the crazy king player format and has the most variety in terms of maps and match types. Utilise that more than 4 v 4.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Updated achievements/ improved 3 v 3 likeliness
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 03:22:24 pm »
All of the above, I agree with.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 04:40:27 pm »
Aren't achievements supposed to be hard to get? 1km kill as engi is perfectly reasonable because it's an achievement and not required. It can be accomplished with a lesmok light flak or buffed lumberjack.

Koth is broken but that's another story. It's possible to get more than 4 kills in time. Harpoons were always a joke.

There are lots of easy achievements so there's no point in nerfing the harder ones. As far as I'm concerned there should be 2km kills and kill 10 ships with flares.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 06:31:49 pm »
Kill ten ships with flares should definitely be an achievement!

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 07:37:23 pm »
Some of the achievements are a bit silly though, any 'fully repair engines' is one match with any kerosene happy pilot, I remember getting about 75% of the tar achievement with one cloud. Comparing those to say 240s using chute vent (0.5s at a time if you do it right) or buff 125 hull armor, not to mention the sequential class specific map achievements which at my current rate will take > 10000 matches (with dunes last to add insult to injury).

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 08:15:12 pm »
1km kills with engineer used to be 1.5km  ;)