Author Topic: Matrix Theory  (Read 5453 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Matrix Theory
« on: July 30, 2015, 08:01:30 pm »
I was reading an article on annoying plot holes:
http://www.tickld.com/x/14-annoying-plot-holes-that-might-ruin-your-favorite-movies

And have come up with my own theory to explain why the machines in the Matrix were using humans instead of easier to maintain animals:

I like to think that the machines in the Matrix were keeping humans alive as a way of honoring their creators (humans). They knew Humans would never accept a world ran by machines and even triggered the Apocalypse in response to it.

Agent Smith talked about how the first matrix's were utopias where the residents wanted for nothing, yet the human mind would not accept it. The machines realized humanity needs a bit of suffering to make moments of bliss and joy worth while. So they created an adversarial system where the machines would impose enough suffering on humanity to ensure they had the will to live. Their main goal was to ensure that as many humans as possible would live to see the day where the planet could be habitable again.

The whole "they want to turn living breathing human beings into a battery" was just Morpheus trying to justify his rebellion against the machines. The machines needed humanity as much as a park ranger needs a bunch of endangered Rhinos in his wild life preserve.

Zion (the human underground city where the last free humans would live) probably was constructed and supplied by the Machines for the humans who could not accept the matrix. However with the machines unable to control the population down there they had to periodically do some culling to prevent starvation when the human population exceeded the machines ability to grow and smuggle food and energy to them. No doubt the first few Zions outgrew their resources and died of starvation and civil war.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Matrix Theory
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:06:18 am »
(You might want this in the lounge. Odds are this thread turns into a banning counting pyramid 3 words at a time that someone blames Shink for.)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 10:28:11 am »
(You might want this in the lounge. Odds are this thread turns into a banning counting pyramid 3 words at a time that someone blames Shink for.)
I was reading an article on annoying plot holes:
http://www.tickld.com/x/14-annoying-plot-holes-that-might-ruin-your-favorite-movies

And have come up with my own theory to explain why the machines in the Matrix were using humans instead of easier to maintain animals:

I like to think that the machines in the Matrix were keeping humans alive as a way of honoring their creators (humans). They knew Humans would never accept a world ran by machines and even triggered the Apocalypse in response to it.

Agent Smith talked about how the first matrix's were utopias where the residents wanted for nothing, yet the human mind would not accept it. The machines realized humanity needs a bit of suffering to make moments of bliss and joy worth while. So they created an adversarial system where the machines would impose enough suffering on humanity to ensure they had the will to live. Their main goal was to ensure that as many humans as possible would live to see the day where the planet could be habitable again.

The whole "they want to turn living breathing human beings into a battery" was just Morpheus trying to justify his rebellion against the machines. The machines needed humanity as much as a park ranger needs a bunch of endangered Rhinos in his wild life preserve.

Zion (the human underground city where the last free humans would live) probably was constructed and supplied by the Machines for the humans who could not accept the matrix. However with the machines unable to control the population down there they had to periodically do some culling to prevent starvation when the human population exceeded the machines ability to grow and smuggle food and energy to them. No doubt the first few Zions outgrew their resources and died of starvation and civil war.
You should know better. I count to 15, and blame Shink for Queso giving us bad ideas.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:30:23 pm »
So the machines aren't assholes, more... Benevolent dictators?