Author Topic: youtube casters instead of lets players  (Read 13717 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: youtube casters instead of lets players
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 12:34:14 pm »
While skirmish is more competitive oriented, I don't think the vision for GOIO is just that. Casual players should also be able to enjoy GOIO, and Alliance is going to help a lot with that. I'm sure that it'll be much more newb-friendly for streamers and gamers who just don't want play competitively, but want to play GOIO.

the very nature of pvp is competitive play.

its like asking a person to go online in street fight 5 and going. I'm just going to have fun by merit participation.

The fun is in the trying to win. Guns is not some game you turn on and fly around randomly like some open world sky mine craft. You go in, look for matches of which you compete to win under the given rules of engagement.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:35:59 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 12:53:58 pm »
Good thing Alliance is coming for all the "Dirty casuals" who want to play too then isn't it?

Because there is a big customer base that will enjoy PvE aspects which Alliance will offer.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:05 pm »
Good thing Alliance is coming for all the "Dirty casuals" who want to play too then isn't it?

Because there is a big customer base that will enjoy PvE aspects which Alliance will offer.

If it's any good.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 10:07:52 pm »

If it's any good.

well muse got the core gameplay right.
however the core gameplay is still heavily reliant on a competent crew. A good ship can only take so much dead weight.

There won't be salt about losing to another player but there will be for losing to cpu.

Maybe if the mode is high score based... as opposed to something as binary as lose or win. it might offset this issue with pvp. Like coop mode is simply horde mode. where you infinitely stave off a huge attack.

kind of like call of duty zambamboes.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 11:47:32 pm »
After watching SGDQ all week, all I'm hoping is that there's some speedrun  potential in it