Author Topic: New channel need feedback :)  (Read 6440 times)

Offline Kenoch

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
New channel need feedback :)
« on: July 28, 2015, 08:41:09 pm »
Hello everyone I just started a new channel called AvidSquid. I want to do a Guns of Icarus series, but have not gotten any feedback on it.
Can you guys check out my video and see what you think :)

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaxgn286NGiuZJ6ceW1hY1w

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Xdgjk0T5M

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: New channel need feedback :)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:00:57 am »
Tips:
Press Shift to use stamina. As engineer this let's you run fast. As a general rule of thumb use stamina to run to broken components, guns, or to save a critical component from being destroyed. Stamina refills over time and there is bonus refill when your ship gets a kill, or as engineer when you rebuild a component.

Spanner repairs one bar of health (20 HP) and mallet repairs 5 bars (250 HP). If it's only slightly damaged use the spanner to repair. After you use the mallet move to another component because mallet has a nine second cooldown. Unless you are tanking a critical component, constantly move around after you mallet.

In the bottom right on the left side of the hull indicator you can see the current pilot tool being used.

Goldfish:
As engineer on goldfish (not the most exciting job) you will be constantly moving around and repairing. A good goldfish pilot will burn their engines the most of the match so there isn't any free time.

Rebuilding the side guns is the last priority. If there are multiple broken components don't worry about side guns because all other components are more critical. The right side gun is generally more important because it's closer to the hull. The idea is to shoot the front hwatcha then spin to a side gun while the hwatcha reloads.

You can jump from the balloon to the bottom turning engines. You did this on the left side, but it's much faster and easier to do it on the right side next to the balloon. If the other engineer is already repairing a component, don't follow them. You may help rebuild but you shouldn't help repair.

Your pilot is an experienced goldfish pilot and did good besides not burning enough engines, probably because he was worried about repairs. Hopefully you'll find a good captain who uses a mic, and fly on something more interesting than a goldfish.
Find a captain with a mic who gives you a recommended loadout and assigns you a position.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:15:58 am by BlackenedPies »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:05:29 am »
Some miscellaneous tips:
The most important job for crew members is spotting ships. Don't shoot a ship before spotting. Zooming in isn't necessary for spotting, quickly switch and spam click.

Don't sit on a reloading gun. When it reloads get off and repair and wait until it's ready to shoot. If your gun gets damaged in the middle of shooting immediately get off and repair. Never shoot a damaged gun unless it's on cooldown.

Chem spray is the superior fire suppressant tool. It lasts 25 seconds and has a 5 second cooldown. It extinguishes 3 fire stacks and requires regular use and cycles to be effective. Chem lasts for the duration of its cooldown + 2 mallets so you can mallet twice then chem. Experienced crews usually run with two chem sprays.

Offline Kenoch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 08:37:27 pm »
Ok thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely be using this to make me a better player. :)

Offline Nyrrho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 09:47:54 pm »
Hi Squid. "Worst captain ever" here. =)
I remember this match! Haha. It's interesting to see it from another perspective.

I enjoyed watching the video, it had some funny commentary. I'd like to see more people do Guns of Icarus videos.
I'd highly recommend completing the tutorial if you plan continue playing. There is a lot of good information contained within, and there are a few tips that most people find helpful.

Otherwise, I thought it was a fun video. I'm glad you enjoyed playing the game.
Hope to see more in the future. =)