Author Topic: Achievements - what's your game?  (Read 21496 times)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Achievements - what's your game?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 06:11:09 am »
I personally never go for the achievements. I like to let my captaining abilities speak for themselves. Or as my crew likes to say "Oh God Queso, you mad man you are going to kill us all!"

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 04:07:25 pm »
I got to level 4 in pilot and engineer without even knowing how the leveling system worked. After that I worked on getting achievements when it wasn't a detriment to the rest of the crew (which is rare). While the achievement system doesn't provide any game dynamic benefit, people are more willing to listen to your suggestions when you have that lofty title next to your name.

Last night some one was in the middle of telling me why my Pyramidion build was stupid, when he realized from my level that I probably knew what I was doing.

Offline Kittenykat

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 05:24:08 pm »
IMO, the achievements that have you trying to kill mass numbers of ships using lochnagar shot are utter groaners every time I see them. x_X What captain seriously wants his or her gunner busting their gun every 4 seconds trying to farm 50 kills with a bullet that self destructs a part of their ship? I sure don't! D:

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 05:38:37 pm »
IMO, the achievements that have you trying to kill mass numbers of ships using lochnagar shot are utter groaners every time I see them. x_X What captain seriously wants his or her gunner busting their gun every 4 seconds trying to farm 50 kills with a bullet that self destructs a part of their ship? I sure don't! D:

Yeah, some of them are really silly. Like "buff 150 balloons" for engineer. Even buffing a single balloon is useless, so 150...

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 05:41:01 pm »
On long range sniper ships Locknigar is a good way to increase your dps. The gunner has to develop a rythem:
Shoot Charged round, Shoot Charged round, Load Locknigar, Line up shot, Shoot Locknigar, Hit gun with mallet, Load Charged round, Repeat.

Assuming the captain is not flying erratically you can put out significantly more hurt with Locknigar and charged rounds than you can with charged rounds alone. Also when the dammage is delivered in one big dose the engineer has less time to fix it.