Author Topic: Leaderboard - New Implementation, Easily Accessible, Diminishing Returns  (Read 16592 times)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Leaderboard - New Implementation, Easily Accessible, Diminishing Returns
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 02:16:42 pm »
I think the general idea was to make teams interested in participating, but it didnt change anything so I guess its not working.

Offline nhbearit

• Salutes: 27
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 08:55:27 pm »
A leaderboard has no place in SCS. SCS was never a "competitive" event, it was essentially the practice tournament. The most useful thing about it was being able to go up against other serious teams and try new things. This is why SCS has any value at all; it keeps teams sharp. SCS is where you experiment with builds as well as hone your team. Divorce the leaderboard from SCS. From there, the diminishing returns doesn't really do anything.. While it's not particularly harmful, it's also not necessary. Just simplify it.

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 09:43:00 pm »
I agree with nhbearit, coming to the SCS with a clean slate kinda feel every week is important to me. Leader boards are for tournaments, which the SCS isn't.

Offline Lueosi

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »
Thank you for your feedback so far. I just want to point out the SCS has nothing to do with the leaderboard as Urz already told you.

Offline nhbearit

• Salutes: 27
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 10:38:10 pm »
Accessibility
It is incredible easy to join the leaderboard season. All you have to do is, sign-up at the SCS (weekly skirmish event) ...

Apparently you disagree

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 06:41:18 pm »
Thank you for your feedback so far. I just want to point out the SCS has nothing to do with the leaderboard as Urz already told you.

This confuses me as well since the whole reason Blood and Brass couldn't use the leaderboard was because as you said, SCS needed it for a minimal for 3 months to collect enough data. Even with multiple suggestions on having the SCS to keep their data in an excel sheet it was decided that B&B wasn't going to be able to use it at all and it wasn't until an e-mail was sent to Muse about the leaderboard being for community use that B&B scores where added to the leaderboard. As we talked about a few times, I think the leaderboard is for competitive use and all tournaments or competitive event in the given season should be counted toward the leaderboard in order to actually portray who is leader in the whole community of competitive and not just one event. So unless Muse is going to have multiple leaderboards running at once for each individual event (which I do not believe it's their intention) or the leaderboard should be created so that all competitive events can be added to it.

I agree with bearit and Anakin on the SCS used to be for practice and a reliable skirmish and linking it to the leaderboard makes it competitive.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 08:47:21 pm »
Add me to that camp as well.

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 05:23:50 pm »
Hello everyone :)

At the request of the SCS team I will be resetting the leaderboard (and subsequently ending the SCS activities associated with them for the time being).