Author Topic: Minor Squid Buffs  (Read 12526 times)

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Squid Buffs
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 04:31:18 am »
Pies-
Yeah, before the introduction of the smaller hitboxes this method wasn't possible, but I already was engineering on squids long time before that so I am too used to the jumping to stop using it, and with enough practice you fall like once every 100 jumps or so.

However, I am using this method when the back gun is included in the repair cycle I specified above.
When the back gun needs chem spray or a repair before jumping down, it is sometimes hard to perform the jump from right in front of the gun right after you turned your view to the left to repair it while still moving without a stop, so I do the "jump" you specified then. It is a lot safer, I can guarantee too :)

Also, about the hull structure hitbox things with getting stuck down there, I have emailed muse about it literally on day 1 of the patch that broke it. They said they will look into it, but no results yet... maybe if just everyone getting frustrated by it writes an email as soon as they read this they will bump it up in the priority list a bit.

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Squid Buffs
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 01:27:09 pm »
To further explain what im suggesting for the engines

Currently you can do both repairs and rebuilds from below with standard jumping from the ramp, repair is reliable once you get the hang of it, rebuild is not - it can take 15s or so to find the spot to jump from.

The current ship model in game has the top engine bolted into its support through a point a bit below the mid line of the engine, moving the engine down until the bolt is a similar distance above the mid point would look fine and total a little under half a meter.

The effect of moving it down that much would be to make repair from below easier to learn and rebuild from below semi-reliable, it might become possible to jump onto the railing and rebuild standing i dont know if that is bad.

If you stand on the railing, on the right (nonpilot side) you can just rebuild it from below with out jumping..

On the left you have to stand on the railing and jump constantly and you can rebuild about as fast as normal I think.. (both assuming I remember right I rarely do that)

The issue is, sometimes you just can't jump on the railing and sometimes you jump over which can be very bad.. so I think its better to just repair from the top when you need to most of the time..

Also with stamina you can just tap it before every jump and pretty much never miss a repair from below.. and you never run out of stamina.. cause it recharges fast enough..

Regardless of the flaws or benefits of either system to main engi.. I prefer to always go left engines - balloon - hull - right engines if the other engi didn't fix them - balloon - hull .. repeat.. Then fix the back gun when ever you have time.. Put fires out on the front gun if you need to and it works pretty well.. 

For the stuck by the hull thing, I assume you guys mean you run past the steps on accident and get in the space next to the steps?.. When I do it I just hold stamina and jump and get out usually pretty fast.. But this is a case where an invisible wall wouldn't be evil.. To prevent you from being able to go back there..