Author Topic: The Grim Reapers  (Read 84545 times)

Offline -Muse- Grimick

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 25
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
The Grim Reapers
« on: July 20, 2015, 01:56:21 am »
Greetings Traveler,

“You must have come far to find yourself here. Be it by karma, fate, or some other force beyond your comprehension you have found your way to us; and with us you will stay...

We welcome you, Reaper.”

A Brief History:

May 10th, 2014:

They were dark times, at the dusk of a promotional bum rush. Grease monkeys and noobs of every kind, fighting for survival on the front lines. I was among them; a green captain with a greener crew. But we found our rhythm eventually. Thanks to an amazing group of community ambassadors (Zincathion in particular) we learned the game, and eventually we were able to hold our own in the skies. 

Now we are well over a year old. Since our humble beginnings we have grown and shrunk, at times being shouldered by no more than a single man (shoutout to Erin Iovis). We are a group that is enthusiastic about this game, passionate about each other, and sometimes even a little bit fun. I hope you’ll get to know us more.

Our Lore:

Within the lore of the game "The Grim Reapers" were supposedly the royal guard of the Fjord Baronies who flew into a desert storm and lost their minds, becoming a feral killing force. Led by their 'Dead King', the Grim Reapers' sole purpose has became harvesting souls for their 'Reaper' or 'Grim God'. I kind of want our members to reflect that aspect of them in some way. Even if it's just in spirit. This means that our official clan color is black. This is a group that was essentially royalty, but has now gone completely insane with bloodlust.
Through our colors and equipment we represent our “devotion” to our pagan god, and our will to take sacrifices in his name. It is an icon that represents fear. It is also relatively simple, we are an insane group of bloodthirsty desert dwellers after all.

*More to come in the near future.
*It may be subject to change based on the story the Devs decide to tell us.
We would like to fit into the real thing in some form or another.
*All members are welcomed to ask me for black dye, and I am happy to provide it (it is the most expensive color after all, and I know you need every cent for that mocha latte).

Our Steam Workshop:

Recently you may have noticed that we have entered the workshop scene! This is the result of many talented individuals putting in an astounding amount of quality work.

Please check out our most recent collection, and give us feedback letting us know what you think and how we can make each item the best that it can be!

If you are interested in contributing to our clan's wares, please feel free to send me an e-mail at grimick@musegames.com, and I would be happy to see what you have!

To Join:

Nowadays we are a much smaller clan, and have become a regular tight knit group. I want to keep it that way (and as the Monarch my word is absolute). If you want to join us, I would love to have you! However, before I grant you the dark glory of the [Grim] tag, you must prove that you are one of us. That means you’ll have to come hang out with us, perhaps even for multiple days. After all, what is the point of being in a clan if you don’t regularly hang out and have a good time. My clanmates and potential clan mates always get priority on my ships, so please don’t be afraid to send me or any of my officers a message. Please keep in mind that merely applying in game without any attempts to contact any of us will likely result in rejection. We all want to know who you are after all!

Leave a comment here if you are interest! Maybe revel me with a tale of your experience with The Grim Reapers so I know where you are coming from!

To join the Grim Reapers, it all begins at the source.

<3 Grimick, The Dead King

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:36:34 pm by -Muse- Grimick »

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The Grim Reapers
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 03:03:57 am »
Nice post, I look forward to flying with you and other reapers in the skies!

All reapers are very nice to play with  :D

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 04:28:59 am »
aiming for a 1000 members Again? ;)

Offline -Muse- Grimick

• Muse Games
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 10:01:19 am »
Haha, no way. Fifty. That sounds like a nice number. Let's not pass 50...

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:11:19 am »
More like the -Muse- Reapers amiright :P

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 04:21:39 pm »
Those workshop items are plain awesome, really hope the hat is dyable because i want to rock a spring green version of that.

Offline -Muse- Grimick

• Muse Games
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 04:44:44 pm »
Haha thanks, Dutch! You know what? I'll see what I can do for you about the spring green.

Edit: Dutch, It looks like the top and brim are both dyeable. You are getting a spring green hat!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:47:44 pm by -Muse- Grimick »

Offline CleverDan

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 6
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 04:51:32 am »
I am the top Grim player around and have been in the clan since the beginning. I run all classes and captains fight over me to be an engineer or gunner for them. You don't know it yet, but the main reason to join Grim is to play with me. I have seen many ships crumble in mid-air and left their ashes blowing across the dunes.

Offline Skydog-

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 2
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 04:07:01 am »
Why am I the best [Grim]?!  Is that even a serious question?  Fine, I'll deign to take the time to answer such a ridiculously simple question.

Let's start with my name:

Skydog-

Time to break it down.

What protects us from the deadly void of outer space, yet allows just enough sunlight in so that we may live and play Guns of Icarus?  The sky!

What is everyone's favorite pet (no debate) and is man's best friend?  Dogs!

When you combine the name you get a strong, dependable, and loyal person who is also slightly insane and fun to keep around for shenanigans.  I also like biscuits.

Wait, what's this?! There's a dash at the end of my name?  That's because I'm so damn dashing that our female members swoon more than a captain who drinks too much of his moonshine when I walk by with my stylish black cloak and matching hat.

I was initially recruited as a young naive engineer, but as soon as I was bestowed the honor of the [Grim] tag by the Dead King himself I found my true calling as a gunner.

How good of a gunner am I?  I'm so good that a captain with Guns as part of his name wants me to be his gunner exclusively!  What else?  The Dead King himself gave me a personal commendation for my ability to reap the souls of noobs and pros alike then send them his way.  I can snipe with a Hwatcha and fire a Mercury like a gatling gun.  Good thing that player characters can't die from being shot or you'd be getting noscoped faster than you can lament to your God that I'm on the other end of the gun.

Need any more convincing?  Good, I didn't think so.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:36:50 am by Skydog- »

Offline DoubleMDownie

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 15
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 04:07:33 am »
Dan might be clever but he is not the best Grim around. I've been a secret Grim member since I joined guns of Icarus! I am well-known for my abnormal amount of use of moonshine and unfortunately have lost several main deck engineers over the years. But here in the Grim clan my reaping of the engines is appreciated and warmly welcomed! I am the sexiest Reaper of them all! If you think you have what it takes and can handle the reaping of my engines come aboard and take my main deck challenge on my SeppukuDasMoonShine Pyramidion! I am the best ramming captain the game has ever seen AND ALWAYS WILL BE. I am the Reaper of MoonShine!

Also Skydog totally had his name taken. It's all lies!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:18:08 am by DoubleMDownie »

Offline Fluffsamasprime

• Salutes: 1
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 04:10:31 am »
I am the best Grim member because no one can match the amount of fluff and sass I can bring to the table! When people see that I've logged in they immediately log off, due to my intense fluff levels. Those that do decide to have me on their crew, and can handle the my fluffness will find I'm a capable engineer also a decent shot with the Hades. My buffing abilities are so great many people ask if the ship I'm on lifts? To which I reply 'Yeah Bra!'

In the end I'm the best Grim member! Very much greater than Downie and Dan!

Offline DoubleMDownie

• Community Ambassador
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 04:32:25 am »
Created by Leo Maxwell. Proof I am the sexiest reaper!

Offline Pixel-hunter

• Salutes: 3
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 04:51:18 am »
Not only am I the best grim but I am easily the most impressive. Although I am one of the newest members of grim, the decision to make me a reaper was almost instantaneous after my overly impressive shooting with a hades. My name is pixel-hunter after all~. Grim's are known for their long range shooting and I am the star of that (to quote Grimick), you should really see me on a lumberjack it is quite a sight to behold. Downie may think he is the sexiest grim but It is also well known that I have the best booty in the entire clan.

Offline DoubleMDownie

• Community Ambassador
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 04:59:25 am »
That booty fight has not been decided! You and Grim need a booty off :P

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 10:13:10 am »
I am the best Grim member because I am the best Grim member. Beat that.